PDA

View Full Version : Extra Fields - extra1name, etc.

High Heels
March 6th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Wondering if anyone has utilized the 6 extra fields that PhotoPost Pro has to offer. I'm still trying to figure out how this entire program works. I can see the "extra1name", etc. in the bulkupload template but I'm not sure if that is where one would make the changes or if its somewhere else. Also does anyone know if these extra fields will populate all of my categories?? I'm just trying to help a friend out, next time maybe I should sit on my hands!!! Thanks.:confused:

Chuck S
March 6th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Under admin edit categories if you want one of the main 6 extra fields to be active enter a field name like location type phone number whatever in say extra field 1 for that category and then when you upload to that category you will see an input box to input the field.

High Heels
March 6th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Under admin edit categories if you want one of the main 6 extra fields to be active enter a field name like location type phone number whatever in say extra field 1 for that category and then when you upload to that category you will see an input box to input the field.
Thanks, I had found that and the extra field under that which allows you to add drop downs etc. I'm found that these extra fields are not search-able, is it only the keywords that are able to be searched?

Chuck S
March 6th, 2011, 10:47 PM
The additional extra fields are not searchable. The main 6 extra fields are because they are stored in the photos table. The additonal extra fields are stored in arrays in external tables.

High Heels
March 7th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Thanks... the main 6 extra fields, can they be changed to drop downs or check boxes so that all members would have the same choices to pick from, making searches consistent? Or would the search functionality not work if those fields were not in form/textbox format? Thanks for your patience.

Chuck S
March 7th, 2011, 10:33 AM
If all your extra fields for all the categories are the same thing you could theoretically alter the bulkupload template and change the html from input boxes to dropdowns etc as you wish.

High Heels
March 7th, 2011, 10:50 AM
If all your extra fields for all the categories are the same thing you could theoretically alter the bulkupload template and change the html from input boxes to dropdowns etc as you wish.
Yes, all my extra fields for all the categories would be the same. I know basic HTML, the code in the templates are php (correct) because I'm not familiar with it. I see the extra name fields and "formboxes" but have no idea as to how to re-write them. I guess my next step would be to hire someone to do this for me or show me how to re-write at least one of them and then I could follow by example. Do you know of anyone who would be interested?? Thanks again for all your help, it's appreciated.

Chuck S
March 7th, 2011, 12:05 PM
The templates are html in php clauses. If you know basic html on how to do dropdowns etc you could modify

<input class="{$Style['formboxes']}" type="text" name="extra1-$x" />

You would simply change those input boxes to appropriate dropdowns etc

<select name="extra1-$x" class="{$Style['formboxes']}">
<option value="" selected="selected">None</option>
<option value="Red">Red</option>
<option value="Blue">Blue</option>
<option value="Green">Green</option>
</select>

High Heels
March 7th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Thanks, thanks, thanks....

Chuck S
March 7th, 2011, 03:29 PM
No problem thats just one example but should get ya to understand what you need to do.

High Heels
March 8th, 2011, 10:15 AM
It did and it was perfect. Thank again for your help.

Chuck S
March 8th, 2011, 11:02 AM
enjoy your day.