View Full Version : Uninstalling and reinstalling problem and questions

February 5th, 2011, 10:40 PM

I recently uninstall photopost 5.6.2 from vbulletin 3.6.4. I did a search on here and found that i did the correct uninstall procedure. The photopost database is the same with my forum DB. here is what i did:

1st i deleted the photopost562 folder from the directory.
Then i deleted the 22 tables that were associated with Photopost in the database.

And now my forum is completely down. All i get is Database Error. Did i do something wrong or missed a step to complete the uninstall.

Another Question is. Can i integrate photopost back to forum after uninstalling it? I plan to move server soon and want to run only the vbulletin on the new server for testing first. But do plan to re-integrate the photopost back tot he forum down the line. I already have a full backup of the directory.

Thanks for your help

Chuck S
February 6th, 2011, 02:09 AM
To receive support you must read the verification thread on the top of the forum here. I can tell you though that Photopost has no affect on vbulletin so if you have an issue it can only be one of two things.

1. You deleted a vb table my mistake

2. You have some hack or mod installed possibly to call photopost stuff into vb which is outside our code and thats where your issue lies.

February 6th, 2011, 02:42 AM
Hi Chuck thanks for your reply. I think it is most likely the latter. I have the vb login tie into the Photopost login. So once a user login to vB, they automatically are login to Photopost. That should be the only tie in with vB i have. if this is the case, will this cause database error problem that I'm having right now? if so I will renew my member access area right now to get support. please let me know. thanks! I can't even get to any vB page to login to vB admin CP.

February 6th, 2011, 06:11 AM
hi chuck, i restored the database, deleted the pp tables again. And then I edited the config.php file in vB, the forum is alive now with Photopost uninstalled :-) Thanks.

Chuck S
February 6th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Yep you deleted a vb table by mistake I would suspect