PDA

View Full Version : Uninstalling and reinstalling problem and questions

mlk_f1
February 5th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Hi,

I recently uninstall photopost 5.6.2 from vbulletin 3.6.4. I did a search on here and found that i did the correct uninstall procedure. The photopost database is the same with my forum DB. here is what i did:

1st i deleted the photopost562 folder from the directory.
Then i deleted the 22 tables that were associated with Photopost in the database.

And now my forum is completely down. All i get is Database Error. Did i do something wrong or missed a step to complete the uninstall.

Another Question is. Can i integrate photopost back to forum after uninstalling it? I plan to move server soon and want to run only the vbulletin on the new server for testing first. But do plan to re-integrate the photopost back tot he forum down the line. I already have a full backup of the directory.

Thanks for your help

Chuck S
February 6th, 2011, 02:09 AM
To receive support you must read the verification thread on the top of the forum here. I can tell you though that Photopost has no affect on vbulletin so if you have an issue it can only be one of two things.

1. You deleted a vb table my mistake

2. You have some hack or mod installed possibly to call photopost stuff into vb which is outside our code and thats where your issue lies.

mlk_f1
February 6th, 2011, 02:42 AM
Hi Chuck thanks for your reply. I think it is most likely the latter. I have the vb login tie into the Photopost login. So once a user login to vB, they automatically are login to Photopost. That should be the only tie in with vB i have. if this is the case, will this cause database error problem that I'm having right now? if so I will renew my member access area right now to get support. please let me know. thanks! I can't even get to any vB page to login to vB admin CP.

mlk_f1
February 6th, 2011, 06:11 AM
hi chuck, i restored the database, deleted the pp tables again. And then I edited the config.php file in vB, the forum is alive now with Photopost uninstalled :-) Thanks.

Chuck S
February 6th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Yep you deleted a vb table by mistake I would suspect