PDA

View Full Version : Custom Fields

jamiedolan
January 27th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Hello;

I'm sorry to bother you with one more question. I've been trying to figure out how to create a customized profile page with photos in one of the major forum packages, and I realized your gallery may do what I want out of the box.

Can I have an album for each user created that has several custom fields? Then when you view that album, the photo and the custom fields are displayed?

Achieving something similar to this:

I could then have the users gallery display in their profile page in the forum software and would achieve the customization I am looking for.

Thanks very much;

Jamie

Chuck S
January 28th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Not without customization you do on your own. Your like picturing our script above with your mock up.

vbulletin and photopost pro are two separate products. each are fully functional for what they are one is a forum and one is a gallery.

there are mods to display gallery stuff in vb but thats all outside the normal code. You would need to create some type of mod for vbulletin.

There are several things to consider. User personal albums do not have any custom fields they are a feature for main categories. So really your going to need to modify our script and then modify vbulletins

wickedstangs
February 21st, 2011, 10:10 PM
wow, that above picture is what I would like it to do, Can it be done? Instead of Views,Users,Rating? This was going to be my question before I buy...

Chuck S
February 22nd, 2011, 04:02 AM
please outline what your question is?

wickedstangs
February 22nd, 2011, 08:45 AM
please outline what your question is?

I just like to know if under the picture we can put our own info, instead of the Views, Ratings something like the below. My site is tailored to cars and members like to post there track times and parts they have on there cars.

You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more.:mad:

wickedstangsperformanceshop.com /PhotoArchive /photopostmockupcopy.jpg

Chuck S
February 22nd, 2011, 09:02 AM
You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more.:mad:

Remember most sites do this to make sure your not a spam bot ;)

You can define extra fields for users to answer on upload per category and this information displays under a photo.