PDA

View Full Version : PHPBB to Vbulletin + Upgrade Installation Service

Peter
January 9th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Is this possible ?

I Have PHPBB3 with PhotoPost already running in version 7.0.1.

Does the Upgrade Installation Service include changing from PHPBB to Vbulletin and have the integration done ?

I am thinking in going to vBulletin, so as I have everything working now with PHPBB, would like to know if you can Upgrade my PHPBB + PhotoPost to VBulletin + PhotoPhost.

Thanks.

Chuck S
January 9th, 2011, 09:47 AM
The upgrade service would upgrade photopost only.

We do offer custom service for other services.

The services you would need would be as follows.

1. Install Service for Photopost since essentially your doing a reinstall not an upgrade since your switching integrations

2. We do forum upgrade/installs for a flat fee of $70.00

3. ??? Import fee

So far I see you need an install service for photopost which is $59.00 and the forum install which is $70.00

The big question mark here is your forum import. Depending on how big your forum is would depend on what the charge is so we need more info. You can contact us through the link in the header and provide site data for us to look and see what type of charge the import would be since all quotes are done on a time basis charge.

Peter
January 9th, 2011, 10:16 AM
I dont need an install.

Photopost is already installed and running 7.0.1, and its integrated to PHPBB.

I need an upgrade to 7.03 and integration with Vbulletin.

Why the install service ?

So the idea is that with my Photopost + PHPBB3 install, you give me a Vbulletin + Photopost install.

As everything has import scripts, theres no issue with the forum, its installing Vbulletin and let the import script do the work, then just integrate with the actual installation of Photopost, then update to 7.0.3 or the other way.

Can you please let me know how can this be done ?

Thanks.

Chuck S
January 9th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Peter this was explained above. You need an install not upgrade because you would be switching integrations.

I am merely trying to explain what the costs would be. You can always do the work yourself and save yourself the money. Just for a cost comparison though vbulletin charges $150.00 to install there product. I do not think our $70.00 charge is unfair so why the confusion here?

No one is going to do your import for free unless of course you do it yourself. The charge for this would depend on the time involved as in how much it would take for someone to input all the correct variables and run through the import steps it still requires human interaction here. Our custom fees are time involved.

This is all up to you if you choose to do your forum install and import to vb yourself then you can do that. You can then come back to us and do the members renewal and reinstall.

I need to see your forum size for the import but I would guess the charge for an import would either be a half hour or an hour which would be $35.00 or $70.00

Peter
January 9th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Ok, I already used the contact, I assume I will have to wait until tomorrow, right ?

Thanks.

Chuck S
January 9th, 2011, 11:09 AM
You will most likely get a responce sometime to day.