View Full Version : Importing vBG From Different Database?
January 7th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Anybody faced with this obstacle yet come up with a clean way of doing it?
- I have two sites, Site A & Site B.
- Site A is running vBulletin 4.
- Site B is running vBulletin 3.
- Site B is currently running vBGallery.
I want to move the vBG entries from Site B to Site A. After the move Site B will be shut down & closed.
January 7th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I am assuming vbgallery does not exist on site a so essentially all your doing is moving and upgrading vbgallery which is not that hard I would think. I can not say for sure as I have never tried it. I do not know what other database changes may or may not be done to vb.
1. move the vbgallery database tables over to the new server along with the vbgallery directory of files.
2. download vbgallery 3.0 and upload all the files to the new server to your gallery you transferred and the forums directory on site a so it has all the new vbgallery files.
3. Run the vbgallery install file and select upgrade to upgrade everything. You can then when done go to your vbgallery settings to the new server paths urls etc
worth trying I guess
January 7th, 2011, 11:11 PM
I agree with chuck, definitely the best way
But if I were you, I would wait like 24 hours..
because michael should post a new version..
January 8th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Yeah I will contact him he was suppose to do it last night.
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.