PDA

View Full Version : Would you consider to add CDN support in Photopost 8?

Alfa1
December 30th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Something that I would really like to see in photopost 8 is: CDN pull zone support.

This would allow us to offload server load to CDN and most importantly it dramatically reduces costs. For me that would be a 90% cost reduction in bandwidth alone.

The trick with CDN is that its best to write the images to your own server, so that if something goes wrong with the CDN, the images are safe. This can be done with a CDN pull zone.

In other words: its needed to write the images to the normal server, but users need to read images from the Content Delivery Network.

Is there any chance that you will be adding this?

Michael P
December 31st, 2010, 02:07 PM
We are not prepared to take on supporting CDNs; it opens the door to too many possible integration requirements that we're not prepared to support. Since you site a reduction is costs, I assume you are talking peer-to-peer, which isn't really CDN, it's file sharing. Either way, I do not see this being a feature in the next update of PRO.

DefenceTalk.com
January 3rd, 2011, 09:29 PM
I was about to post something on this in the pp 8 thread.

I would be in favor of having some type of CDN support in PP. It may not come in the next version but it should be considered.