PDA

View Full Version : Can Review Post integrate with Mybb?

des2010
December 5th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Can review post integrate well with Mybb forum like the Photopost?
Can the rating system from 1-5 be changed to multi rating with different rating criteria?
Say for product rating, I would like to have
-pricing
-quality
-ease of use
-durability

For movies rating, I would like to have
- actors performance
- story level
- shooting skills
- etc

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Chuck S
December 5th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Reviewpost can integrate with MyBB like Pro and you should be able to use additional extra review fields per category to create additional dropdown.radioboxes whatever to ask customers

des2010
December 6th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Reviewpost can integrate with MyBB like Pro and you should be able to use additional extra review fields per category to create additional dropdown.radioboxes whatever to ask customers

Great! It might be the product that I am looking for. Thanks for your advice, Chuck. I will further evaluate and make a decision by this weekend. Thanks again.:)

Chuck S
December 6th, 2010, 08:33 AM
No problem let us know if you have any further questions.

des2010
December 7th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Thanks Chuck.

I see there is one rating criteria in the sample sites. Is it possible to have multi-ratings for the product and with grahics like the link below?

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-G2-Interchangeable-14-42mm-3-5-5-6/product-reviews/B003AOAXL4/ref=cm_cr_pr_all_summary?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Thanks again.

Chuck S
December 7th, 2010, 08:11 AM
PhotoPost Pro is a gallery software and can not be compared to a product rating you have there. You would need to add in multiple ratings should you wish. You can add extra fields as I noted above but your not going to have it look exactly like what you have pictured without you altering the display and maybe code depending to correlate things more to your display fashion.

des2010
December 12th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Hmm.... Photopost will be my next target. I've placed an order for the Reviewpost already. See how good it integrate with Mybb. Certainly I need to change the code to align to the format that I like. Hope you can advise me how to do it. Thanks!

Chuck S
December 12th, 2010, 10:43 AM
If you are expecting us to assist you in changing the program design that is not a function of product support. I can answer questions about which template controls what to assist but code modification is up to the user. All software companies as a general rule do not support code alteration as it is the main cause of issues that clog support forums.

des2010
December 13th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Fair enough, Chuck. That is what I need from you, which template control which functions. Thanks!

Chuck S
December 13th, 2010, 08:32 AM
well for the actual product display thats easy the template your going to be playing around with would be showproduct template ;)