PDA

View Full Version : Can I import all albums images already uploaded in vB4

ferdinand
November 29th, 2010, 08:46 PM
I have an extensive collection that has already been uploaded using vB Gallery & if I purchase this would like to know if all these albums images could be imported across the platforms as this takes a lot of time to upload.

Demo of album folder to copy (http://www.carpediem.im/albumall.php?)

dihuta
November 29th, 2010, 08:52 PM
I also want to know Is there an import script from VB4 Album to VB Gallery?
Thanks.

ferdinand
November 30th, 2010, 04:57 AM
I also want to know Is there an import script from VB4 Album to VB Gallery?
Thanks.
VB4 Album & VB Gallery are the same product, do you mean you want to import images from photopost to - Picture and Album Gallery for vB4
As you would be moving from a well developed app to one with bugs still.

Chuck S
November 30th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Ferdinand vb4 album is not vbGallery. vbGallery is a product sold by us.

There are no importers for whatever product your showing to my knowledge.

I have never seen such a script like this. Mainly looks to me like some script that pulls all vb4 albums from users profiles. Kind of a cheap mans attempt at pulling together vb4 profile albums to look like a gallery.

Album Gallery (http://www.carpediem.im/albumall.php?)

ferdinand
November 30th, 2010, 09:56 AM
vbGallery is a product sold by us.

Okay the title of the product I am using was misleading, yet it was one of the most popular products on vb.org after I searched for gallery products. I would buy your product when vb albums can be copied across it is far too much work to do it manually.

Chuck S
November 30th, 2010, 04:19 PM
No problem just wanted to make sure others where not confused by your comment. ;)

ihstiv
December 11th, 2010, 03:39 PM
I have the same question I think - please confirm that there is no way to import existing user photo albums from vb4 into the photopost system?

Thanks

ferdinand
December 11th, 2010, 11:06 PM
There is a script to import vB4 albums to vB gallery right? I do have an issue however some of our files were lost and contained as attachments will it copy these broken files as they are within the attachment manager or can I choose to import the albums that work only?

This is important before I make the purchase.

ferdinand
December 11th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Basically I have orphaned images in my vBulletin albums and /i want them not to be imported to the gallery if I get this, if it comes down to it I will re upload all the images to prevent this happening however does photopost run off the same attachment manager?

Chuck S
December 12th, 2010, 10:31 AM
There is no script to import vbulletin 4 profile photos into vbgallery. vbulletin albums thing and vbgallery have nothing to do with one another. vbGallery does not use the attachment thing in vbulletin at all. In vbGallery files are stored under the files directory of your gallery install. You would need to reupload photos into vbGallery and turn off the vbulletin albums thing under profile options in vb admin panel main options.

Chuck S
December 13th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Please read my response in this thread right above your post.

Luciano
January 12th, 2011, 01:26 AM
As of vbgallery 3.01 there is a basic importer that will import album pictures to vbgallery.
But it is very basic and will not do what you expect. (Not without you doing a little bit of work.)
In your case, you would have to import to an existing category.
all images will then be in that category, as they ALL have been uploaded by 1 user. (if different users would have uploaded to their own albums, the images would be in different categories. 1 for each uploader.)

Then you will have to create categories for each artist.. and move the respective images to that category.

link for importer:
http://www.photopost.com/forum/vbgallery-import-scripts/144994-very-beta-import-vb4-albums-vbgallery-3-a.html

Luc