PDA

View Full Version : Cannot vote on images

Dan40
October 28th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Hi there, I noticed that when I'm not logged on to my page as an admin, but as an unregistered user, and I try to vote on an image, I get the following message:

"You did not fill in the image verification field." (Note, there is no image verification image to fill in displayed)

How can I make it so that non-registered users can vote on images?

Thanks,
Dan

Chuck S
October 28th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Dan unregistered people can not vote so I assume you mean comment/rate a photo.

There should be an image verification image if your electing to use captcha in admin registration options. Does your server have GD2 if not turn off captcha.

Dan40
October 28th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Hi Chuck, yes, I run my own server and it is using GD2 as its image rendering engine, and you are correct, I did mean comment/rate a photo, not "vote". Any idea how I can allow unregistered users to rate a photo without being prompted for image verification?

Either that, or use image verification (which does not show up after you select the rating radio button). It could go either way.

http://www.dansmith.ca/photopost

Dan40
October 28th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Is this just a stupid question or did you run out of time to reply? Not that I'm harping on you for a suggestion, but, all's I'm sayin'... lol... ;)

Chuck S
October 28th, 2010, 01:25 PM
As stated in my initial reply if you want to turn off captcha you can do so under admin => registration options.

Dan40
October 28th, 2010, 03:07 PM
I got that, but I want Captcha for new registrations (when the time comes) but not for rating, so I don't want to turn it off. I guess it would fix things if I turned registrations on, then only allowed ratings and comments after the user has registered. DUH.

Chuck S
October 28th, 2010, 03:13 PM
well if you want captcha it needs to be used and I cant say why there is no image without seeing because there should be one on the comment form.