PDA

View Full Version : Photopost Classifieds Questions

Billspaintball
August 31st, 2010, 09:45 AM
Hi Guys,
I'm looking for a classifieds system for my vB4 forums.
I was using vBclassifieds, however the developer stopped supporting it and it was never modified to work with vB4.

I have had a look through the info on here and have a few questions for thinks that I was unable to find the answer for, or was unclear about the answer.

Does Photopost Classifieds have a block for the forum home where you can display latest adds, or random adds?

Does Photopost Classifieds intergrate smoothly into the vB4 menu bar?

Does Photopost Classifieds have a module to display latest adds and/or random adds on the CMS pages?

I understand that Photopost Classifieds intergrates with the vB members list. Is it just a bridge, or does it use the vB authentication system.
If its a bridge, how does it syncronise member info between them, is it seemless?

Does Photopost Classifieds use vB membership groups to assign rights to users for posting adds, or does it use its own permissions system?

Is there an online demo of the classifieds?

Does Photopost Classifieds piggyback of the vB database, or does it require its own database?

What are the vB hacks/modules/mods/plugins that are known to have issues with Photopost Classifieds?

Are we allowed to run 2 instances of Photopost Classifieds - One for production use, and one in an isolated dev environment? (Like we can do with vB4)

Sorry about the long list. :eek:

Chuck S
August 31st, 2010, 02:35 PM
1 through 4 are handled through vb4 plugins

Our application integrates against the user database of the forum and we load the vb header footer style around our application.

You set permissions for usergroups in our admin panel and you can install it in its own database or the vb database

You can run a test copy as long as it is not web accessible to everyone.

I cant really tell you anything about vb mods as I do not have much to do with vbulletin.org or there works. Much like vb we support our default code and not mods.

Billspaintball
September 1st, 2010, 07:09 AM
Hi Chuck,
Thanks for the quick response, the info was very handy.

Could you please clarify this point.

You set permissions for usergroups in our admin panel

Are these PP Classifieds specific groups, or can they be mapped to existing vB groups somehow?

What I would want to do is somthing along the lines of;
If a user is in vB membergroup A they cannot post adds, but if they are in vB membergroup B they can?

Oh, one final question.
Are there any conversion scripts available to convert the historical data (such as sales, comments, ratings) from existing classifieds scripts (in particular vB Classifieds) to PP Classifieds, or would I have to write my own?

Chuck S
September 1st, 2010, 08:36 AM
we import vb groups into our usergroups table and you set classifieds permissions per usergroup in our admin panel

You can set permissions like that no problem

There are no import scripts to my knowledge simply because I have never seen any commercial scripts like this.