PDA

View Full Version : Since I can't vent in the support forum...

CaddisNJF
August 26th, 2010, 11:40 AM
How bout some support? I need my account fixed so I can post to the support forum. How long does this really take?

Chuck S
August 26th, 2010, 11:57 AM
PhotoPost Community - Announcements in Forum : General Discussion (http://www.photopost.com/forum/general-discussion/announcements.html)

I beleive I responded to your support email and gave you the link above. Your email on the forums must match that on a license that has current members access then you shall become verified within an hour or two as the post above states.

You still as of yet have not updated your forum account email to match your license that has members access so that is why you are not verified.

CaddisNJF
August 26th, 2010, 11:58 AM
PhotoPost Community - Announcements in Forum : General Discussion (http://www.photopost.com/forum/general-discussion/announcements.html)

I beleive I responded to your support email and gave you the link above. Your email on the forums must match that on a license that has current members access then you shall become verified within an hour or two as the post above states.Yes you did and I looked at it and responded back immediately. I still don't have access.

I am in the process of changing my email address. I will not be using the email address located in the member section any longer. I will need that changed to the new one I submitted. The email address for the forum is my new email address (gmail.com, not comcast.net).

Chuck S
August 26th, 2010, 11:59 AM
You have not edited your account here and changed the email to match your license.

CaddisNJF
August 26th, 2010, 12:03 PM
I cannot modify my account in the members area. If I can, I don't see a link to it. The members area has the "@comcast.net" email address. This is no longer what I will be using.

Chuck S
August 26th, 2010, 12:19 PM
well then you will need to email customer service and ask them to change it but this usually means emailing them from your actual comcast email. They can change it to the one you using here and then you will be verified.

Point I am making though is the forum and license emails must match. ;)

CaddisNJF
August 26th, 2010, 12:28 PM
well then you will need to email customer service and ask them to change it but this usually means emailing them from your actual comcast email. They can change it to the one you using here and then you will be verified.

Point I am making though is the forum and license emails must match. ;)

Gee... Glad I still have this comcast email acct otherwise we would be in a bit of pickle over here and I'd be really screwed. Just wondering... what do you do for people who have actually changed email address's?

Anyhow, I understood your point, it wasn't brain surgery. I then attempted to do exactly what you mentioned which seamed to be brain surgery.

I'll go ahead and send you a message from my comcast acct. God forbid we just took care of the issues being that you know the issue already. Instead I'll have to repeat myself in another email and wait and wait and wait. Did you by any chance take a look at the link I sent you?

I can't access my sites photopost admin page.

CaddisNJF
August 26th, 2010, 12:31 PM
By the way... I actually didn't send my request through email. I couldn't find the support email address so I used this:

PhotoPost Gallery: Contact Sales and Support (http://www.photopost.com/ppost_contact.pl)

Chuck S
August 26th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Yes that is an email form it emails sales and they reply accordingly via email.

CaddisNJF
August 26th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Yes that is an email form it emails sales and they reply accordingly via email.

Of course it's an email form. It specifically says "Sales and SUPPORT". So was this the correct thing to do or not.

The thing that's so aggravating about this is that it doesn't need to be so aggravating. If you told me, "Hey look... I'm busy and can't get to this until some time next week".. well, I'm fine with that. It's the way things are handled. This has always annoyed me.

You know... being a little pro-active instead of re-active wouldn't be a bad thing.

Chuck S
August 26th, 2010, 01:49 PM
The thing that's so aggravating about this is that it doesn't need to be so aggravating. If you told me, "Hey look... I'm busy and can't get to this until some time next week".. well, I'm fine with that. It's the way things are handled. This has always annoyed me.

Dennis I think there is some confusion. I do not work for customer service never have. You sent an email and I answered how you would verify yourself on our support forums. Thats a very general question and my answer is always the same I refer customers to the announcement on verification.

Instead of setting your forum email to match your license email you have asked customer service to change your email to a new one. Therefore you will have to wait longer for them to actually respond to you that is always the case for anyone. I can only guess by your reply above you assume I handle those issues. Just for clarification I am a developer and I handle product support. I do not handle orders or any customer license issues. Customer Service will respond about your license email change and once your license and forum emails match you will be verified on the support forums.