PDA

View Full Version : Xenforo Support?

Turtile
August 6th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Are there any plans to support Xenforo? I'm thinking about starting a new site with the software.

Chuck S
August 6th, 2010, 08:57 PM
If that software product ever makes it into production we will look into it. Someone already asked this recently and I looked at the site and there is very little info other than a very very rough alpha forum product.

dutchbb
August 28th, 2010, 04:20 AM
ATM it's not rough anymore :) And they expect it for sale by the end of the summer, I hope Photopost & Reviewpost will support it because it's a great forum script (from the old vB developers that left when IB buyed vB and ruined it with vB4) and I'm actually thinking about switching to XF from vB, and rest assure I will not be the only one.

Chuck S
August 28th, 2010, 09:07 AM
If there is ever a release we can look at we can look at integrating but I doubt your really going to see anything that soon. The site was just begun like a month ago it looks like.

Griffin80
August 28th, 2010, 10:04 PM
I really hope this as well. Like hundreds of vB customers i will be converting to XenForo and i really dont want to lose my vBagallery i have had running for over 4 years

Chuck S
August 28th, 2010, 10:16 PM
well you will lose vbGallery if you switch from vbulletin. If Xenforo becomes a reality and it can be integrated with then Photopost Pro would be the gallery that would support that forum.

AfterWorldForum
September 13th, 2010, 05:02 AM
I'd also hope that my vBGallery could somehow easily be transfered onto Xenforo. I'm deeply worried about the course IB is taking vBulletin down, and XenForo seems like an extremely good solution. Knowing Kier is involved in it, and just seeing the way that Xenforo seems built indicates there's a very good vision behind the product.

They intend to use hooks, plugins and templates, similar to the way vB does, and I would really hope that the Gallery at least will be made to run on XF. I can live without the Classifieds system for a while, but the Gallery would be something I'd actually really miss.

Why doesn't PhotoPost hook up with the XF devs already, and see what they can work out? I am expecting a massive exodus of current vB forums to XF when it hits the market, and it would probably be in PP's best interest to be proactive in it.

PP VBGallery for vB4 is easily one of the best available gallery options out there for vB. If you ensure you will be ready to have it running on XF sooner, rather than later, you could gain yourself some advantages for the undoubtedly major future XF community.

Just my 2 cents.

Peter

Chuck S
September 13th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Photopost Pro if we can will look at integrating with Xenforo as I have previously stated when there is a product to look at. vbGallery is a product addon to vbulletin and will never integrate with another product. You would need to import all your stuff to Pro using any importers available and use Pro.

dutchbb
October 20th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Hi Chuck, did you have a chance yet to look at the XenForo beta which is available? I have to say that I already love it and I'm almost sure it will replace my vB3.8 sometime in the future. The only thing holding me back is the fact that I need Photopost and Reviewpost too since these are an important part of our site too and also great scripts. So I really hope you can keep us updated about the possibilities and development of integration, thanks :)

Chuck S
October 20th, 2010, 09:27 AM
The integration is being looked into thats all I can say at this point. I wrote these types of things in my spare time so they do take a little while to develop. Product support and customer service issues take priority.

I will update this thread as noted as I go through things. To write a successful intergration one first needs to learn the code of the product being integrated with so this takes the most time.