PDA

View Full Version : PP with vB4.x Demos

b6gm6n
August 4th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Hi...

I was thinking about updating my site which is based of vBulletin (3.x) to version 4.x i have PP integrated into vB, i wondered if some of you would be so kind as to show me some examples of gallery layout/styles etc with PP+vB4.x

I've held back converting to vB4.x but it's developing nicely and some of the styles are quite nice, I've only seen ReefTalk which is Chucks site, which is nice, but i have to say the layout of the gallery didn't really do anything for me.

I suppose the change over to vB4 if your using PP also is relatively painless, but i have to say although PP is technically excellent the thing that puts me off is that it's not very glamorous and i think it maybe needs a face lift, "the first bite is with the eye" (as they say) I've been using PP for some years now and it's a great addition to any website with or without a forum integration but it's just crying out to be updated visually, the upload module/page is good (flash) and thats ok and the main page is fine, but it's so unappealing and bland at times it detracts from from it's main features and functionality, it's like having a Ferrari engine inside a VW-Beetle shell.

I know you have heard this before and i hope something can be done in due time, i may if i have time create some mock-ups and pictures of what i think may help, i say all of this with a deep respect for the program and developers and it's just those who do really love PP want the best for it, so here's to the future.

Thanks

Chuck S
August 4th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Well my site would only be an example of a stock vb4 install. Now you saw all the plugins I have written for vb4 which places our product content in the vb forum index and profile pages right. ;)

I actually myself have been waiting for vb4 styles to mature some before I leap into redesigning my site.