PDA

View Full Version : Low participation in the forums.

0ptima
July 4th, 2010, 08:25 PM
I find the participation level very low in the Mod Corner forums. I guess it has something to do with members who do not have current licenses have no access to the forums?

Could this be changed so members who do not have a current license could post and reply only in the Mod Corner? This would encourage members to share their mods with others in the community and increase visitors.

I think this is a win win situation for both members and Photopost.

Chuck S
August 10th, 2010, 12:21 PM
I will pass along your thoughts to the owner. The Mod Corner has always been an extra benefit provided to those whom have current access to support.

Here is my personal opinion since I remember the old site and I think you do too.

Even from the early photopostdev.com days when everyone could view versus now I do not beleive personally opening the area would change anything there. That site was closed down due to low participation. The problem has always been the following. There really are no active users whom have much knowledge in coding and releasing mods or they choose not to share. The users that would actively developing mods for our software would have current members access to code.

What is really needed for the MOD CORNER to be successful is not opening it up to anybody. It is for users like yourself and others to write mods that people might want and release them.

I do not have much time myself to do mods as the job takes most of my time but I beleieve the ones I have released are widely used. If some other people released mods then I beleive thats how we can truly get the site going. Plenty of people view that section the real issue has never changed and this is what is needed to make the section successful.

tattooz305
August 10th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Any modifications I do to my site, I share. That's the extent of it.......

Chuck S
August 10th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Yep and that is how we increase participation. Anything I have written I share as well.

I wish we had more customers like you. I mean you have participated more on this site in the couple weeks you have been a customer than most of our long time customers.