PDA

View Full Version : Lightroom plugin for PhotoPost

jdougher
June 24th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Can you guys make a LightRoom plugin that allows users to upload photos directly from LightRoom? Dpreview has that functionality, and it would be a big boon to users of this software.

Chuck S
June 25th, 2010, 08:30 AM
digital photography techniques | Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 (http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/features)

I have never used lightroom however any plugin I would suspect they would need to make. We manufacture PHP applications which are web based maybe a little java etc thrown in. Your talking about a proprietary encrypted application installed on a home computer. Therefore if there was some export feature it would have to be coded in by the company that makes the application.

Now just a couple thoughts. Lightroom to me looks like another graphics editor to resize crop enhance photos etc just like the old photoshop etc.

Anyway these images would be stored on your computer why not use the flash uploader to browse to the folder your images are stored and select them?

jdougher
August 14th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Anyway these images would be stored on your computer why not use the flash uploader to browse to the folder your images are stored and select them?

The idea would be to create a way to increase the usage of a PhotoPost-based gallery. So a Lightroom or Photoshop plugin that would allow users of those apps to upload to their images to a Photopost-based gallery would be super. It's the same idea that Google's Picasa (and many other image editors) have when they make uploading to Flickr or Facebook a one-click affair.

Chuck S
August 14th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Johnny the point I am making is Lightroom or Google Picasa are home computer based graphic image manipulation tools. I have used Picasa before I prefer Gimp to manipulate images on my computer.

Your talking apples and oranges here. PhotoPost Pro is an online PHP web based community gallery product. The Image manipulation done in PhotoPost is with web server graphics programs which are Imagemagick and GD2. You can resize an image to the dimensions you specify in your upload options and your users can even flip flop or rotate an image in our program much like you can do on facebook and other online gallery products.

If your trying to do stuff you can do in home computer based image manipulation programs in a web environment you simply can not. Web applications are limited to the functions of Imagemagick and GD2.

That really is the point I am making.

What exactly are you asking for here it is not really clear.

Fortissimo
August 27th, 2013, 09:41 PM
500px / Adobe Lightroom Plug-in (http://500px.com/lightroom)

Here is an example of what he is talking about. This plugin is developed by 500px. You install it in Lightroom which then allows you to quickly login into 500px and upload your photo, without having to leave Lightroom. Anyone can create this plugin using the information that Adobe provides here: Lightroom Developer Center | Adobe Developer Connection (http://www.adobe.com/devnet/photoshoplightroom.html)

Export and publish functionality: You can create an export plug-in, which customizes the behavior of Lightroom's Export and Publishing Manager dialogs and export processing. You can add or remove items from the dialog, alter or augment the rendering process, and send images to locations other than files on the local computer.

The plugins purpose is specifically set up to upload an image to a gallery. Before it is uploaded to the gallery, Lightroom will process the image, applying any modifications, naming sequences, etc. After that is finished, the plugin takes the results and uploads it to the gallery.

Adobe has a free trial of Lightroom. You should check it out.