PDA

View Full Version : Big Data base problem

CFPHOTO
May 24th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Hey all !

I seem to be having a problem for the last few years:

There is a number of problems BUT this is the main:

When you open http://www.mysite.com/showmembers.php/cat/500 it selects ALL the pictures in database from this category (~10k) and loads into memory
then it counts pictures and cuts the required number of pictures and page
so it takes a very long time to load, because all these operations must be executed in the database and use index. So it will be executed 10-20sec.

This loads the site down and kills my google ad revenue.

WTS: I want to update my site that has close to 50k in members and 300k in photos, but I also want to add the SEO functions I've read here but am afriad the SE bots will even load/slow the site down even more.

If anyone can help me with this solution I would be greatful.

Kind regaurds,
PP fan

Chuck S
May 24th, 2010, 10:25 AM
what version are you using?

There is no showgallery all anymore

CFPHOTO
May 24th, 2010, 10:34 PM
6.01 ..........................Thanks Chuck..

Chuck S
May 24th, 2010, 10:36 PM
ah yes thats a real old gallery indeed, I would suggest upgrading our current is 7.02 your gallery is over 2 years more like 2.5 years old.

CFPHOTO
May 25th, 2010, 12:54 AM
ah yes thats a real old gallery indeed, I would suggest upgrading our current is 7.02 your gallery is over 2 years more like 2.5 years old.

You amaze me with your fast support and replies. Do you ever sleep? Anyway will that have the SEO upgrade too?

Thanks as always.. link to upgrade? Please?

CFPHOTO
May 25th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Chuck, a bit confused here when I upgrade (http://techimo.stores.yahoo.net/photlic.html) is it Renew Members Area Access ? I also have 2 licenses?

Chuck S
May 26th, 2010, 08:20 AM
yes SEO is included in 7.x series

You would purchase a members area renewal for the license you want to download sure. I assume here your going to download it and do your upgrade then renew members access is what you purchase if your access is expired.