PDA

View Full Version : /gallery/ not working

Remmy
May 15th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Hi, I just finished installing PhotoPost. But I have discovered an error. When ever a User goes www.example.com/gallery/ and then they want to go back to the forum the URL redirects them to www.example.com/gallery/index.php
When its suppose to go to www.example.com/index.php

Iv been trying to fix this but could not figure it out. Please help:confused:

Chuck S
May 16th, 2010, 09:42 AM
well please post a real live url so we can see the issue where your talking so we know where to tell you to change it. This could be a forum issue and not photopost if your installing with vb.

Remmy
May 18th, 2010, 10:04 PM
I don't wanna post my link cause it's a private Clan, if you must need it I can send you a message.

Anyways here's what I did

-In my /public_html I have my Forum (admin cp, images, etc)
-Then I created a new folder called "gallery" in my /public_html
So it would be /public_html/gallery.

So for example one someone Clicks on "Game Rules" it will send them too-
www.myforum.com/gallery/gamerules
instead of
www.myforum.com/gamerules

All I want to do is make it so I can have gallery in my /public_html without deleting my forum or going through the installation again. Is this possible?

Chuck S
May 19th, 2010, 07:43 AM
well I would suggest if you have urls to certain scripts in your forum header that you use full urls not relative urls so when you click you go to the proper place.

Remmy
May 26th, 2010, 09:26 PM
how do i do that?

Chuck S
May 27th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Remmy

I have not seen your site but I would suspect here you have a relative url in your header or navbar template. You need to edit that vb template and change that relative urls to say gamerules.php to http://www.mysite.com/gamerules.php.

Relative urls tell a script to look for that script in the directory your in.