PDA

View Full Version : questions X2

camarosource
May 11th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Hello,

I am interested in purchasing all 3 (Classifieds, Review, and gallery) for our website using phpbb3. I had emailed asking if there was a discount for purchasing 2 and the reply I received from

..... we offer a discount off purchasing 3 licenses for $10.00 of a license.

I beleive if you just buy two products the discount is $10.00 of one of the licenses."

I replied asking

Hello,

Actually I thought it over just as I sent the msg and want to buy all 3. The
photoPost, Classifieds, and reviews.I am confused tho of your reply as both
statements are the same, just reworded?

The first statement seems to suggest that you take off $10.00 from a license
if you buy 3, but then in your second statement you seem to suggest if you
buy just 2 you get $10.00 off 1 license, which seems to be the same thing only reworded differently :-) ?

Did you mean that you offer $10 off each license if you buy 3 at a time, and
perhaps only $10.00 off 1 license if only 2 licenses are bought?

Also,

do you offer Paypal payment to purchase the licenses and what would show on
the statement as to who it was paid to?

Hmmm.. Looking at your link, I am now wondering.. It seems that it's
only compatible with phpbb3 as a login but not to actually merge with the
forums? This is a HUGE delemma and was the entire reason to picking you from
the competition.

As a result, now I must ask what EXACTLY CAN'T it do in phpbb3?

Looking at: ViperAlley Classifieds - Main Index - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds (http://www.viperalley.com/classifieds/)
ViperAlley Product Reviews - Main Index - Powered by ReviewPost (http://www.viperalley.com/viperrev/) and Viper Alley - Main Index (http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/)
the software all appears to be merged into the msgboard is exactly what we
are looking for. But now I need to know exactly what it can, and won't be
able to do with phpbb3. :-(

Thanks very much,

Paul

Unfortuntely i've yet to receive a reply in email again and as a result I am resorted to hopefully a faster method of support; the forums. I am kind of in a hurry to purchase these and set them up if they are exactly what I think they will do.. The issue with them not being fully compatible with the phpbb forum for the entire usage is VERY disheartening and need these questions answered asap. :-(

Thanks very much,

Paul

Chuck S
May 11th, 2010, 06:39 PM
My reply was not the same from what I am seeing

I had replied to that email already

If you purchase 3 licenses there is a $10 discount of each license. If you only purchase 2 licenses there is a $10.00 discount off one. There is a slight difference there in wording.

Our applications integrate with phpbb3 as we note and have pointed out to you the login only. In phpbb2 we supported login and stylesheet only. However in phpbb3 there is NO uniform stylesheet used. Each style has its own class names so there is no way to support stylesheets in the new phpbb3 as there has to be a standard used.

The example your looking at is vbulletin which is our premier integration which supports header footer stylesheet and user integration.

None of the integrations are going to make the applications appear in the forum.

camarosource
May 12th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Actually that is a direct copy/paste of your answer ;-) I do like it how there would be a $30 discount in total for the 3 :-) How do I purchase all three and does the discount apply immediately?

Can the stylesheet in the 3 programs be manually edited to give the APPEARANCE of the forum theme tho?

Thanks

Chuck S
May 12th, 2010, 05:36 AM
The discount is applied when customer service processes the order.

You can edit the stylesheets on the applications and mock the colors from the forum sure.

camarosource
May 12th, 2010, 02:14 PM
excellent, thank you! :-)

Chuck S
May 12th, 2010, 06:51 PM
no problem glad to assist.

camarosource
May 24th, 2010, 07:01 PM
How come none of these fake spammers aren't being deleted? How can it be possible for a BOT pass the Image verifications so easily and that the users aren't deleted along with the posts? mbt526 here has 4 posts made ALL SPAMMING yet not erased?? :-(

Chuck S
May 24th, 2010, 10:35 PM
we erase them when we see them its not like we are here on the forums 24/7 to stop spammers. If every site could stop spammers everyones life would be easier.

camarosource
May 25th, 2010, 01:27 AM
oh no. completely understandable. I was just noticing that he was the same one who posted before and only his posts were deleted but not the account itself along with the posts. No worries :-)

Chuck S
May 25th, 2010, 05:43 AM
enjoy your day

camarosource
May 25th, 2010, 05:44 AM
:-) Thanks, you too.

Chuck S
May 25th, 2010, 05:45 AM
yeah will try ;)