PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPost Pro - VbGallery

alpha-mat
April 30th, 2010, 03:40 PM
I have one big question:

what is the different between "Photopost pro" and "VbGallery" ?! What is the price for the licence in € and where can i buy the licence - i have vb 4.x suite & i want to use it for english and german language.

What mods are possible ?! i can not visit the forums ... please inform me.

Thanks for your help B=0

Chuck S
April 30th, 2010, 04:34 PM
The main comparison is here

PhotoPost PHP Photo Sharing Photo Gallery: Pro vs. vBGallery (http://www.photopost.com/compare.html)

vbGallery is in beta right now to support 4.0 so you would have to see a beta

Photopost Pro is version 7.01 gold

Basically both apps load the vb header footer style. vbGallery's admin and stuff is in vb admin panel etc Pro has its own backend.

vbGallery is written entirely for vb whereas Pro is a standalone gallery that integrates with many applications on various levels.

We have several example sites I think running both Pro and vbGallery

alpha-mat
May 1st, 2010, 04:58 AM
ok great chuck,

which one is the better one or which one has more features ?! (for me it looks like photopost is the better one ? but is vbgallery better for vb users or is there no different or is one of both cheaper?!) and is there a different in the price i have not found any prices for vbgallery :(

here are the questions from the first post where i need also an answer for please ;)

What is the price for the licence in € and where can i buy the licence - i have vb 4.x suite & i want to use it for english and german language.

Subah
May 1st, 2010, 07:21 AM
If you wanna the script to use it for vBulletin forum only so i think the vBGallery will be better for you than the Photopost
you can buy it from here
PhotoPost Pro / vBGallery License (http://techimo.stores.yahoo.net/photlic.html)
it is around € 98

alpha-mat
May 5th, 2010, 01:57 PM
ok great chuck,

which one is the better one or which one has more features ?! (for me it looks like photopost is the better one ? but is vbgallery better for vb users or is there no different or is one of both cheaper?!) and is there a different in the price i have not found any prices for vbgallery :(

here are the questions from the first post where i need also an answer for please ;)

What is the price for the licence in and where can i buy the licence - i have vb 4.x suite & i want to use it for english and german language.

No answers from the photopost support ?! :confused:

Chuck S
May 5th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Threads do get misplaced sometimes sorry never saw your post.

I prefer Pro but thats me. You ask someone else they prefer vbGallery so its all just personal choice.

The license is the same for either and it costs $129.00 US which the last user linked you to.

Griffin80
May 7th, 2010, 02:16 AM
Have used both, currently use vBgallery on my vbulletin installation and loving the new version.

Had a family album site not so long ago that i used photopost with, both good products.

Chuck S
May 7th, 2010, 08:40 AM
yeah all about personal choice really. Pro has more options but vbGallery is more inline with a true vbulletin product addon meaning all stuff is right in vb admin area templates language strings etc.

alpha-mat
May 13th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Threads do get misplaced sometimes sorry never saw your post.

I prefer Pro but thats me. You ask someone else they prefer vbGallery so its all just personal choice.

The license is the same for either and it costs $129.00 US which the last user linked you to.

yeah all about personal choice really. Pro has more options but vbGallery is more inline with a true vbulletin product addon meaning all stuff is right in vb admin area templates language strings etc.

ok that means i can use both and change whenever i want ?! is it possible to take all database entry with both or i need a new one and lose everything what is inside ?!

is the photopost 7.01 working with the current vbulletin suite ?! or are there any problems because i have read that there were or that there are problems with vbseo - thats important for me

i am very interessted in your software it looks really good ;)

is there also a possibility to use a bank transfer for billing because i use no credit cards and have no paypal - so i have a problem with ordering if i want to buy it ..... :confused:

the licence is liftetime ? is that right ?!

is there a possibility to use photopost pro for standanlone after installing with vbulletin database or is there no chance again ?

Chuck S
May 13th, 2010, 11:41 AM
That means you can use either or not both. ;)

You can choose which one you want to install but can not install both. You can try one out and switch sure. There are importers to import data between as these are different products.

I have Pro 7.01 working with vb suite sure right here

A community photo gallery - ReefTalk Gallery (http://www.reeftalk.com/gallery)

Payment is via credit card which if you have a bank account chances are you have a credit card as most banks you get a CHECK CARD which is a visa or mastercard it just pulls money out of your account

You can use paypal also and if you have no other means of payment you can mail via regular mail a check which would have to clear your bank before we would release the software.

The licensing is lifetime yes and licenses come with one year support and download access which means you can use the software forever on your site but you may need to purchase a members renewal say if 3 years from now you want to download say Photopost 10. ;)

well you can install as a standalone although I think most users would need to reset passwords and some other things might need to be done since your user info comes from vb. we only save basic user info in our users table when integrated with a forum.

Chuck S
May 13th, 2010, 11:41 AM
That means you can use either or not both. ;)

You can choose which one you want to install but can not install both. You can try one out and switch sure. There are importers to import data between as these are different products.

I have Pro 7.01 working with vb suite sure right here

A community photo gallery - ReefTalk Gallery (http://www.reeftalk.com/gallery)

Payment is via credit card which if you have a bank account chances are you have a credit card as most banks you get a CHECK CARD which is a visa or mastercard it just pulls money out of your account

You can use paypal also and if you have no other means of payment you can mail via regular mail a check which would have to clear your bank before we would release the software.

The licensing is lifetime yes and licenses come with one year support and download access which means you can use the software forever on your site but you may need to purchase a members renewal say if 3 years from now you want to download say Photopost 10. ;)

well you can install as a standalone although I think most users would need to reset passwords and some other things might need to be done since your user info comes from vb. we only save basic user info in our users table when integrated with a forum.