PDA

View Full Version : upgraded to vb 4.0 and have a question

vbreal
April 26th, 2010, 02:34 AM
Ive upgraded to vb40 and i was curious of how well the gallery integrates with 4.0. when i had 3.8 members were confused between the vb albums and the albums in the gallery because it didn't show on the profile. im hoping that integrations is a bit better with 4.0. i want to use photo post pro again. so hopefully integration with vb is better.

thanks

Chuck S
April 26th, 2010, 06:36 AM
well Pro integrates as it always does with vbulletin we use the header footer and style over our program. We are not directly an addon for vbulletin so it is not coded for vbulletin directly just to integrate with certain things.

Now there is this plugin which does alot of things like put a photo block on the forumhome and put photo stuff in the vb profile

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-mods-pro/141769-photopost-pro-plugin-vbulletin-4-0-a.html

You will want to try that out

vbreal
April 26th, 2010, 11:04 AM
thanks chuck

still sporting the same avatar. haha

yeeah yawl have the header and footer down pact. users are used to going to a members profile and seeing albums of that member.

i remember in the older version there was talk of an import script for vb albums into photopost. i think there was

is that still the case?

will i the gallery pics show up onthe users profile album like? like a block of 4 images. they click on one and it takes them to the albums or pics the user has uploaded using the gallery?

i really want to use the gallery again. its such a powerful add on.

Chuck S
April 26th, 2010, 11:11 AM
http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-mods-pro/141769-photopost-pro-plugin-vbulletin-4-0-a.html

There is a vb3 albums importer but not one for vb4 yet

The link above should show an example and be the mod you want to try with 7.01

vbreal
June 15th, 2010, 03:32 AM

There is a vb3 albums importer but not one for vb4 yet

The link above should show an example and be the mod you want to try with 7.01

has there been any thing created for vb4? its really the only thing keeping me from making photopost live on my site again and renewing to the latest version.

it was very confusing for members to have the gallery and then albums with vb. because the two didn't intertwined.

i would like for what ever users post in the gallery it shows on the profile page and i would like to turn off vb albums and use photopost again. but if i did that id have to import what user's have uploaded to vb albums.

thanks

Chuck S
June 15th, 2010, 09:36 AM
If your asking if there has been any vb albums importers written for vb4 the answer is no. Stuff like that would not be looked at until such time as all software here is out of beta. Right now all attention is on the vbGallery 3.0 beta for vb4.

vbreal
June 15th, 2010, 01:01 PM
ahhh ok thats understandable.

Ive always wondered why there was two different versions. vbgallery and photopost.

can you briefly explain why when you get a chance? sometimes i think i made the wrong choice.