View Full Version : 3 Questions
April 22nd, 2010, 02:56 AM
1. I have nuke and noticed in 3.13 nuke.php was changed . Do I need to change it because I am not sure I should if I havent changed my verison of nuke???
2. The install.txt talks about a new cookie domain variable being defined in inc-config but there is no reference to this in the new inc-config file I just downloaded.
3. cron.php . what is it for - how do you use it? etc etc etc etc
3 answers? :)
April 22nd, 2010, 01:09 PM
Did the board crash?
April 22nd, 2010, 03:09 PM
1. our current integrations work to the best of our knowledge I cant say specifically what is different an older version like 3.13
2. I think you mean upgrade.php and the directions kind of cover all versions so might be confusing a little there use to be a cookie domain in older versions that was moved to the database in later versions which is why there is a note in the upgrade documentation
3. cron.php is a new file which does the same thing as sendnotice.php which is the server cron task except it can run inline silently when someone views your page its a footer cron task much like what vb runs with there software a silent cron to update things.
April 22nd, 2010, 03:24 PM
Yeah well we had problems with my nuke and you had to do something to change it so I am not going to update nuke.php unless you tell me it was for security purposes.
So how do I impliment the cron.php ? Does it time itself in that does it check to see if its ran itself already that day?
April 22nd, 2010, 03:55 PM
yeah well there are so many flavors of nuke so it could be your using a different variation.
We supported the original php nuke and postnuke. Those are just two of the different variations out there. Postnuke is defunct now. I think most people with nuke have jumped ship to like Ravennuke or something. Its one of those little used integrations we have.
You turn on the footer cron in the admin options.
April 22nd, 2010, 04:13 PM
Your right - anyone serious about Nuke has jumped ship and now runs Ravennuke (which is what I run). Its a simple comparason - one is a buggy peice of crap that half works and the other is a secured peice of php software. Even the Ravennuke people no longer show any concern to what the Phpnuke people do. They are worthless.
Ive installed the upgrade so and it seems to be working without the new nuke.php so I will go with it as it is. If you want to support a "nuke" then ravennuke is the only one IMHO where someone who installed it would come here and spend money.
Okay off I go to look at the new admin panel.
April 22nd, 2010, 04:22 PM
well you will need to compare and make any necessary changes to the new nuke.php file to make sure it runs with your ravennuke but you really need to be using the new files. There are most likely additions to the code in the newer version your going to need to make things work correctly. You might not see an issue right this second but you will.
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.