PDA

View Full Version : Integration with existing forum

cykelmyggen
April 19th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Hi
Will it be possible to integrate Reviewpost with an existing forum - or maybe import posts/content from different forums into this?

Chuck S
April 19th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Reviewpost integrates with various forum logins what forum are we talking about here?

cykelmyggen
April 19th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Vbulletin 4 - forgot to mention :p

Chuck S
April 19th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Our applications integrate with the vb4 login. I run vb4 on my site.

http://www.reeftalk.com/forums/forum.php

cykelmyggen
April 20th, 2010, 12:09 AM
I know that RP integrates with vbulletin. Sorry that I failed in explaining myself properly.
I have a number of existing forums in my vbulletin-site containing reviews. Today these are run by the GARS review system, which seem to be discontinued. I would like to know if I could easily port these reviewforums into RP - maybe even keeping these in the same URL?

Chuck S
April 20th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Sorry to my knowledge there are no import system to import reviews etc from any numerous vb hacks out there. Even if there was an import script they would definately never keep the same url because your dealing with a script change.

cykelmyggen
April 20th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Sorry to my knowledge there are no import system to import reviews etc from any numerous vb hacks out there. Even if there was an import script they would definately never keep the same url because your dealing with a script change.
When I remove GARS from the mentioned forums I just have ordinary threads and post - could I use RP on these threads/posts?

Chuck S
April 20th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Reviewpost is not going to integrate with the forum posts.

The integration allows the vb header and footer style and login to be used in our system. Otherwise our system is a full application like vb.