PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about PhotoPost Classifieds

sgthoskins
March 16th, 2010, 10:39 AM
I run a moderate sized vB 4.0.2 forum, a little over 11,000 members.

Northeastshooters.com - Northeastshooters.com News (http://www.northeastshooters.com)

My classifieds portion of the forum is very busy and I think your product would be an excellent addition.

From reading the details on PP Classifieds I assume the product uses a separate database from vB?

I saw that I can use my existing user table from vB and I think convert it so those users are in the PP Classifieds database?

Once I have the product up and running will there be two different areas for my new users to register? i.e. vb4 and PP Classifieds?

I'd like to keep it as seamless as possible and I am not sure if I understand completely how the accounts in each database work once the product is installed.

Thanks in advance, I hope my questions were clear enough.
Derek

Chuck S
March 16th, 2010, 11:48 AM
1. it can be a separate database or the same does not matter. In the same database you simply make sure your classifieds has a unique table prefix which on a normal install is cp_

2. the integration uses your vb users for an integrated one login on the site yes

3. your forum would be say in forums directory and classifieds in the classifieds directory yes but integrated with vb it uses the vb login and you can use the vb header footer and style over our application for the same look

sgthoskins
March 16th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Sounds great Chuck, thank you for the timely response.

ETA: Is there a test db where I can look at the admin features of the software?

Chuck S
March 16th, 2010, 02:05 PM
I would have to see if our webmaster can update it. It is down currently for upgrading

sgthoskins
March 16th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I would have to see if our webmaster can update it. It is down currently for upgrading

I would feel a little better seeing the inside before installing.

Thanks again Chuck.

Derek

Chuck S
March 16th, 2010, 05:21 PM
No problem I will see what I can do

sgthoskins
March 19th, 2010, 09:57 AM
I must say I am very impressed so far with how well it integrates in to vB4.

Chuck S
March 19th, 2010, 10:00 AM
I am confused I thought you where waiting for us to try and get a test operational. You already bought and installed?

sgthoskins
March 19th, 2010, 10:13 AM
I am confused I thought you where waiting for us to try and get a test operational. You already bought and installed?

I gotta move Chuck! If I waited every time someone wasn't ready I'd be going in reverse. :p

I don't have it linked in the forum yet, but yes I've purchased it, installed it, and am in the middle of setting it up to my liking. So far it was well worth the investment and will make my members very happy.

Good work. ;)

Chuck S
March 19th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Okay glad you like it.