PDA

View Full Version : on vbulletin 4.0, upgrade from vbgallery to photopost?

tcbworld
March 7th, 2010, 09:50 AM
I've been a vbgallery user for quite some time. But with the release of vbulletin 4.0 I decided to upgrade my messageboard, thinking a vbgallery update would be available soon.

This seems not to be the case: the integration between vbgallery and vbulletin 4.0 is more difficult than the designersteam thought at first.

So now I want to use photopost. This brings me to a few questions:

* what does this upgrade (from active vbgallery license to photopost) cost?
* is it possible to upgrade from an (inactive, since I'm on vb4.0) vbgallery installation to a new photopost 7.0?

ncangler
March 7th, 2010, 01:24 PM
I am in the same boat. I have a site that uses the vbgallery license and we upgraded the site this weekend to vb 4.0.2. I've done some searching but haven't found yet, are there plans to upgrade vbgallery to a vb 4.0 compatible version? Thanks.

Chuck S
March 7th, 2010, 03:13 PM
If you want to switch to Pro 7.01 here is what you need to do

1. Install photopost pro

2. import vbgallery content to pro with this importer

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-pro-import-scripts/133564-photopost-vbgallery-photopost-pro-import-script.html

3. check everything over and then when your satisfied delete vbgallery

ncangler
March 7th, 2010, 03:37 PM
So I guess vbgallery will not be developed for 4.0? Is there an upgrade path from vbgallery to Photopost?

Chuck S
March 7th, 2010, 05:27 PM
There are plenty of threads on vbGallery here. That was not your question so I assume you already knew that info.

vbGallery is definately being developed it just takes time to redevelop an application from the ground up when you dont gain access to the code till November. ;)

A beta should be out hopefully soon.

ncangler
March 7th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Sorry to hijack tcbworld's thread! Actually that was my question in my first post. Thanks for answering. I'll wait for the vbgallery release.

Chuck S
March 7th, 2010, 07:54 PM
LOL yeah the thread was about switching hense the answer.

Volion
April 6th, 2010, 12:02 PM
* what does this upgrade (from active vbgallery license to photopost) cost?
* is it possible to upgrade from an (inactive, since I'm on vb4.0) vbgallery installation to a new photopost 7.0?

Same question, since I do not see it was answered in this thread, is there a upgrade cost to go from vbgallery to photopost pro 7.x and if so, how much is it?

Chuck S
April 6th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Well users whom purchased vbgallery from us for $99.00 or above I beleive are able to use vbgallery or photopost which ever ONE they choose. Now if you purchased vbGallery from us or vbAdvanced for the $59.00 price then you need to purchase a Photopost Pro license. When our licensing merged in September 2007 users where given the change to convert there vbGallery ONLY licensing to a full license for an upgraded price for a limited time. You would have received that email back then.

You can tell what licensing you have by signing into your members area. If you see Photopost Pro then you can download and switch to that software using the import scripts available. If not then you need to purchase a Pro license.