PDA

View Full Version : photo cache

Hippy
March 4th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Chuck I'm still having the same problem after we talked yesterday about the turning off the photo cache.

I installed a test gallery to see if the same issue happens .. Not to my surprise all worked as it was suppose to.
short of starting all over is there something else I could check or try to resolve this problem?
Regards
Ron

Chuck S
March 4th, 2010, 06:42 PM
well if you recently upgraded did you run all applicable upgrades. You might need to actually post a url and test login here for us to look at so I can comment further.

Hippy
March 5th, 2010, 03:18 PM
in the admincp under Global Options
Enable IP Cache Timeout
"This variable is used to track IP addresses and userids for voting and viewing purposes. This is set in HOURS. 0 disables this setting"
it was set to 1
I changed it to 0 and the post cache started working
I'm not sure If I need it set to 1?
I'm also unsure of what it does exactly , Can you explain it a little better to me
thanks

Chuck S
March 5th, 2010, 07:49 PM
The ipcache timeout simply sets the viewing cache

Infopro
March 31st, 2010, 07:21 AM
Hippy is correct in disabling the cache settings (there are a few) in order for the view count of a photo to work properly. AFAIK, these settings never, ever worked correctly.

No need to test this and find the problem to fix though, Chuck. Just another of the many settings I think most disable and forget about using as they just simply do not work.

Chuck S
March 31st, 2010, 07:30 AM
IP Cache has nothing to do with the category cache which is another feature. Both work as they are coded to work. For instance the category cache is updated on photo count when a user uploads a photo.

jstarkweather
October 3rd, 2010, 01:09 PM
I just noted that my ipcache table has over 1 million records. Is there no purge of older records?

I really wish the new development of PhotoPost would concentrate on performance gains (over features, etc) as with 250,000+ photos I can testify that this app is causing major issues for my quad-core dedicated server. My gut feeling is that it's still an issue of file storage and a very bloated user file directory (data/500).

Jim

Chuck S
October 3rd, 2010, 08:41 PM
You can increase performance by turning off features there has been alot of work in performance areas over the last couple years.

If your uploading the bulk of those images into one directory yes that can lock up a site trying to grab files.

Furthermore we clear the ipcache based on a timeout figured from your ipcache setting. Have you tried setting that to a cutoff number?