PDA

View Full Version : Vbulletin 4 Integration

pjcnlv
February 21st, 2010, 02:22 PM
I have just merged a VBulletin 3.6 site that had an extensive PhotoPost gallery with a VBulletin 3.8 site that had it's own extensive VB Albums galleries.

Moving forward, I need the tight integration of the Vb Albums and the overall flexibility and display options of Photopost.

Should i use VBGallery or Photopost and can either import the Vb Albums galleries?

Chuck S
February 21st, 2010, 02:32 PM
Both scripts can import the vb albums with vb3.

Which you use is up to you. Neither is going to allow you to upload from the members profile or via the vb attachment system, uploading to the gallery is done from the gallery so really not sure which one you want. vbgallery uses the forum admin and templates but photopost pro has more features etc

pjcnlv
February 23rd, 2010, 04:02 PM
Well, I really need an extension of VB Album and it's tight couple to VBulletin. Do you expect to stay divested and independent or is what I am looking for in the works?

Chuck S
February 23rd, 2010, 04:41 PM
The galleries work as I have explained.

I dont think if your looking for something to be uploaded via the vb upload attachment system would not be incorporated into the gallery.

pjcnlv
February 24th, 2010, 09:55 PM
When will the scripts be able to import the VB4 albums?

Chuck S
February 25th, 2010, 06:31 AM
There is no timeline set for such a tool. That was a tool written for vb3 and those types of tools would not be updated until such time as all products are out of beta and fully support vb4. Only then would developers have time to turn there attentions to tools such as this.

Mary303
March 1st, 2010, 02:45 PM
Is this beta version (http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-announcements/141124-photopost-7-beta-3-available-vb4-support.html) integrated with vb4 well enough to upgrade pp pro gallery when I upgrade the forum to vb 4? The gallery will s till be integrated and working normally if I do that?

I'd like to upgrade my forum from vb 3.8 to vb 4, but have been waiting for photopost pro to be ready to remain fully integrated and functional with the vb 4 forum version.

Thanks for your recommendation! :)

Chuck S
March 1st, 2010, 04:12 PM
Photopost 7 has been released as GOLD for over 2 months so you are fine to upgrade Photopost Pro.

pjcnlv
March 1st, 2010, 10:10 PM
Can someone direct me to a working PP Pro in VB4? I would like to see how well PP Pro adopts the VB4 styles.

Thanks

Chuck S
March 2nd, 2010, 06:56 AM
A community photo gallery - ReefTalk Gallery (http://www.reeftalk.com/gallery)

Mary303
March 2nd, 2010, 08:44 AM
Is there a thread or how-to just to offer some advice and guidance on keeping the gallery upgrade integrated with the vb 4 forum upgrade? For instance ... upgrade the forum first, then the gallery ... ? Possibly some new settings to adjust?

My forum loves its Photopost gallery! I want to be sure I can do this smoothly. :)

I really, really like the Reeftalk > Forums page with the Member Featured Photos at the top. Is that an easy option to implement once everything is upgraded?

Chuck S
March 2nd, 2010, 09:16 AM
Mary

1. Upgrade the gallery first

2. Upgrade your forum

3. Download and use this plugin to get that forum stuff you see on my site

http://www.photopost.com/forum/1259878-post1.html

Mary303
March 25th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Thanks very much, Chuck. :)

http://www.photopost.com/forum/1259878-post1.html
I'm getting a message "Mary303, you do not have permission to access this page." What do I need to do?

Chuck S
March 25th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Well to obtain product support your members access needs to be current. This should help you

PhotoPost Community - Announcements in Forum : PhotoPost Announcements (http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-announcements/announcements.html)

Mary303
April 4th, 2010, 02:18 PM
I sent an email to support@photopost.com on Wed. and never heard back. Per the link, I've tried various things to align my account email and get access to the support forums so I can finish this upgrade, and none have worked. I still don't have access to see the link instructions for the upgrade. I've been a photopost license holder for at least a couple of years, and I really need to get the access so I can do the upgrade. This is holding up progress for my website, I really don't want to loose access to the gallery if I can help it.

Any further assistance is most appreciated. I'm sure this is not difficult if I can ever get all the information and pieces put together. Thanks.

Chuck S
April 4th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Mary any emails you would have sent would have been replied to but I show your a verified customer.

Mary303
April 4th, 2010, 04:48 PM
OK the link is working now ... thank you!

Chuck S
April 4th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Glad your all set enjoy EASTER.

Mary303
April 25th, 2010, 01:07 AM
I have upgraded the gallery to 7, and then upgraded the forums to 4.0.3. The gallery is now missing the vb wrap-around, if that is what it is, no header/logo and looks like some basic styling is missing.

A community photo gallery - Blab Gallery (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/blabpics/index.php)

What do I do to re-synch with the vb, as it was before the upgrade? thx!

Under PP Admin > Forum Settings I tried changing
User Registration System: vb3
to vb4
but no result. In fact, after the save it defaulted back to vb3.

Forum database table prefix: has always been blank - needs info?

Everything in Forum SEttings is as it has always been when it worked.

Chuck S
April 25th, 2010, 09:40 AM
If I look at your site you simply have your vb switches off in admin edit integration

fill out the proper urls and server paths to your vb and turn on the 3 vb3 switches. If you had that stuff on then the upgrade to vb4 should have been automatic as we sense what you have vb3 or vb4.

Mary303
April 25th, 2010, 10:40 AM
I thought it was probably something very simple like that.

Just a note that "Admin edit integration" isn't in the upgrade instructions, it would be good to add. I didn't even notice it as on my screen the font type is very tiny.

I assume that the permissions is still synch'd to the database, as always. Only my paid members are allowed to access it. I suppose I should run an update against the database?

Chuck S
April 25th, 2010, 12:11 PM
That is part of the normal install and the very last step of install.