PDA

View Full Version : Any special considerations when upgrading PP 5.x to 7.1?

Khashyar
February 20th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Hello,

I tried to post this in the PP installation forum section, but it said that I did not have permission to do so.

My members have really enjoyed PhotoPost on our VB site, and I look forward to upgrading our 5.x PhotoPost software (which is currently installed and linked to our VB forum) to the new PhotoPost 7.1

Are there any special considerations or challenges to expect or be aware of for upgrading from 5.x to 7.1?

Thank you.

Chuck S
February 20th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Not really you would just upload all files except the two config files and install.php and run the upgrade.php script and run every upgrade once from 5.1 through the last to 7.0

Khashyar
February 20th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Thank you, Chuck...

Can I NOT upload the header and footer template files as well (Those are customized).

Or, is there new code in the headers and footers that need to be included in v 7.1?

Chuck S
February 20th, 2010, 03:33 PM
well sure you dont have to upload those thats fine. I just did not even consider saying that because you said you where using vb3. ;) Most users use the enhanced vb3 integration so those files would not be used since we use the vb3 header.

Khashyar
February 20th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Thanks, Chuck :)

Would the enhanced VB integration work with VB 3.0.x as well, or just Vb 3.5?

Chuck S
February 20th, 2010, 04:18 PM
well vb 3.0 is very very old but yes that version showed the header footer etc of vb when you turned on the vb3 switches

Khashyar
February 20th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks, Chuck... Enjoy your weekend.

Chuck S
February 20th, 2010, 07:07 PM
I will try thanks.

Khashyar
February 21st, 2010, 12:34 AM
Hi Chuck...

I followed the upgrade script... and things seem to work fine in the PhotoPost site.

But, while my previous VB integration was working, I'm receiving this error on the top of my vbulletin forum index:

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /xxxxxx/public_html/photos/inc_photopost.php on line 68

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /xxxxxx/public_html/photos/inc_photopost.php on line 89

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /xxxxxx/public_html/photos/inc_photopost.php on line 128

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /xxxxxx/public_html/photos/inc_photopost.php on line 143

any idea of what I should do?

K

Khashyar
February 21st, 2010, 01:03 AM
Hi Chuck,

I fixed that issue by uncommenting the inc_photopost.php file.

The issue now is that the random photo thumbs are not showing up on the forum index page anymore...

I will try to search the PP forum to see if others had similar issues and how they solved them...

K

Khashyar
February 21st, 2010, 01:18 AM
Hi Chuck...

I was looking at a thread about a Mod for PhotoPost ( http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-product-faqs/110527-photopost-enhanced-vb3-index-integration.html ), and I saw this text:

Content visible to verified customers only.

Is there a "Verified customer" setting that needs to be activated for me.

Thanks.

Khashyar
February 21st, 2010, 01:33 AM
Hi Chuck,

I tried to open a thread about PhotoPost:

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-pro-mods/136860-misc-photopost-mod-questions.html#post1226133

and I receive this message:

Khashyar, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Thanks for activating my forum account.

K

Chuck S
February 21st, 2010, 05:23 AM
You can activate your own account by making sure your forum email matches the email on an active license that has members support access. ;) I would not know this stuff as I am not the customer therefore I am unable to verify you at all.

As far as vb plugins that stuff changed sometime ago

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-mods-pro/122207-photopost-featured-block-plugin-vbulletin-3-5-3-8-a.html

Khashyar
February 21st, 2010, 10:03 AM
Hi Chuck...

The email address linked to my PP purchase is an old email address (Several years old).

I need to change my email account that is linked to my PP account.

Can I do that in the member's area?

Thanks,

K

Chuck S
February 21st, 2010, 10:05 AM
You would need to email customer service through the contact link in the header only they can change your license details

If you can not email through the email address on the license to request the change then make sure to provide enough details to validate yourself as the owner.

Khashyar
February 21st, 2010, 10:06 AM
I don't see an option to change my account email address in the member's area...

I will write you an email with my new address...

K

Chuck S
February 21st, 2010, 10:14 AM
As stated you can not change your email only customer service can do that