PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phone Integration: EMail address for images

skidpics
February 6th, 2010, 04:37 PM
PP 7.01: Mobile Phone Integration: EMail address for images..

Does this really work? I haven't tested it yet.

Chuck S
February 6th, 2010, 05:35 PM
No that is a latency setting for a mobile mod that existed years ago.

skidpics
February 6th, 2010, 06:39 PM
hmm. PP 7.01 and still not removed.

I could have sworn we have had previous discussion about this..

Thanks for the disappointing info ;-)

Chuck S
February 6th, 2010, 07:52 PM
You can always place suggestions for Michael in the suggestions forum.

rrewerts
February 14th, 2010, 06:10 PM
You can always place suggestions for Michael in the suggestions forum.

With all respect Chuck,the lack of this feature was my biggest let down after purchasing Photopost. If you cannot deliver this feature, let everyone know upfront!

Chuck S
February 14th, 2010, 06:39 PM
how is it a let down we never state we support it to begin with? Our features are listed right here

PhotoPost PHP Photo Sharing Gallery - Product Details (http://www.photopost.com/featuresphp.html#features)

rrewerts
February 14th, 2010, 07:05 PM
how is it a let down we never state we support it to begin with? Our features are listed right here

PhotoPost PHP Photo Sharing Gallery - Product Details (http://www.photopost.com/featuresphp.html#features)

Mobile Phone Integration was "at the time" mentioned!
Please don't play ignorance on this issue; users can do a search of all of the “Ok I bought Photopost now how do I make the Mobile Phone Integration feature work” posts to justify my position! Ok, some hack was able to figure out how to do what you can’t. The problem is that Photopost promoted this feature and then (after the sale) said go find the hack who made it work and ask him! Not good business Michael!

Chuck S
February 14th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Not really sure what your referring to here

There use to be a mobile phone HACK years ago but thats something our company does not support nor do we list it as a supported feature. You would rightly have to contact the hack author. sorry company wise we only support the actual code we write.

That hack was from like 2006 maybe 2007 at the latest. I do beleive in the actual thread which still might be in the mod forums Michael did say there is no support for that hack and he pulled it from production years ago.

Chuck S
February 14th, 2010, 07:17 PM
http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-mods-pro/133910-mobile-phone-integration.html

October of 2007 it was yanked from distribution.

rrewerts
February 14th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Not really sure what your referring to here

There use to be a mobile phone HACK years ago but thats something our company does not support nor do we list it as a supported feature. You would rightly have to contact the hack author. sorry company wise we only support the actual code we write.

That hack was from like 2006 maybe 2007 at the latest. I do beleive in the actual thread which still might be in the mod forums Michael did say there is no support for that hack and he pulled it from production years ago.

Are you honestly trying to tell us that Photopost has never listed mobile phone integration as one of its features? And if so , how do you explain all of the posts like this one?

Chuck S
February 14th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Posts like this one are because there are still some latency settings for that hack in the code.

The HACK your talking about has NEVER been something included in our default downloaded supported code that is exactly what I am telling you. I have worked for Photopost for many years and that thing has always been a hack and has not been released by the hack author since fall of 2007

rrewerts
February 14th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Posts like this one are because there are still some settings for that hack in the code.

The HACK your talking about has NEVER been something included in our default downloaded supported code that is exactly what I am telling you. I have worked for Photopost for many years and that thing has always been a hack and has not been released by the hack author since fall of 2007

I purchased Photopost in late 2009 because you listed mobile phone integration as a feature. You are telling me that "latency" is responsible for 2 years of lying?

Chuck S
February 14th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Never on our site have we ever said that part of the downloaded application was mobile phone integration. There might at one time have been said there was a hack for that but as I have said there has never been in our downloaded released code mobile integration. I am not the webmaster here so I cant tell you what is or is not listed everywhere. I merely do product support.

This was always a mod I know this just because I am good friends with Michael have known him for years and I probally still have the mod files laying around somewhere.

rrewerts
February 14th, 2010, 08:10 PM
There might at one time have been said there was a hack for that but as I have said there has never been in our downloaded released code mobile integration. I am not the webmaster here so I cant tell you what is or is not listed everywhere. I merely do product support.

This was always a mod I know this just because I am good friends with Michael have known him for years and I probally still have the mod files laying around somewhere.

"Never on our site have we ever said that part of the "downloaded application" was mobile phone integration."

Ok, let’s play semantics....
It was listed as a feature but...
"Never on our site have we ever said that part of the downloaded application was mobile phone integration"
“downloaded application”
Pay attention people...
They play games!

Chuck S
February 14th, 2010, 08:14 PM
We are talking about a mod or hack here. Mods/hacks are not part of a programs supported features ever. Its not symantics its just the truth. I am sorry you thought this but I am merely trying to answer your question with accurate information.

rrewerts
February 14th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Does it matter whether it was a mod or a hack if Photopost promoted it as a feature? You are not "trying to answer your question with accurate information" you are dodging and weaving!

Chuck S
February 14th, 2010, 08:55 PM
well not much more I can say here. I do not beleive saying there is a mod that can do mobile uploads is advertising there is a supported feature in our application.

rrewerts
February 14th, 2010, 09:09 PM
well not much more I can say here. I do not beleive saying there is a mod that can do mobile uploads is advertising there is a supported feature in our application.

Photopost did not say "there is a mod that can do mobile upload"

Photopost said ... "features" Mobilephone integration.

Photopost Lied!

Chuck S
February 14th, 2010, 09:42 PM
This site never said nothing of the sort. I know for a fact it said there was a mobile phone integration MOD

Sorry but this discussion has gone way beyond the scope of this support thread as opened by skidpics. This topic is closed.