PDA

View Full Version : Login Information is Long Gone, Need Help to Renew

Brett
February 2nd, 2010, 02:26 PM
Back in 2005 or so I started a car community and bought VBulletin and Photopost classifieds. It fell apart and the domain died, and I decided recently I have another project I would like to use Photopost for. I used the administrator email address of that old domain to register, so I cannot recover my account details using it since the domain in long gone.

So in short, I need to get my login details so I can renew my member access. I emailed them last night and called today (no one was available I guess) so I am wondering if there is something else I can do?

Chuck S
February 2nd, 2010, 03:16 PM
They should respond to your email but it can take 24 hours or so. No one can assist you over the phone because that is a pre-sales line they dont have records for orders.

Brett
February 2nd, 2010, 03:24 PM
Thanks Chuck,

I figured that might be the case, but assumed since it was technically for a sale of a renewal they might be able to help with that small stepping stone ;)

Alright, I will wait for the e-mail from them.

Since I can't post in the correct forums at the moment, I will go ahead and ask here. Is it possible with Photopost Classifieds to require file uploads? I want to make a marketplace for plugin writers to sell their plugins, but with the GPL they are required to release the source with the compiled version. It would be great if I could require them to upload the .smx (compiled) as well a .sp (source) but if not I guess I can probably set some sort of manual intervention up.

Chuck S
February 2nd, 2010, 03:51 PM
Brett images are not required to upload a classifieds. You could with little effort require an image to be uploaded with a little hacking to one file however the files you meantion are not image files so thats definately something you would have to code in.