PDA

View Full Version : Should I renew?

myuption
January 15th, 2010, 11:07 AM
To be honest, I feel down reading posts in the forums and see the vBGallery seem to be totally lost.

Probably there is work behind, but I dont see any updates or upgrades for this script.

Now, with vB4 I was wondering if I should renew, but there is no such thing as a vBGallery for vB4 suite.

Is this gallery project still alive? :eek:

Hope it is!

Chuck S
January 15th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Hello as noted in posts on our forum vbgallery is not yet compatible with vb4. We are working on this and hope to have a beta out in a couple weeks. There have been alot of obstacles to overcome so I will lay that out.

1. With our other products since we do not use the vb templates or vbadmin it was alot simpler to be compatible with a few switches and we created a new template set which mimics the vb4 look relatively easy although alot of work.

2. vbGallery on the other hand which is basically an addon to vbulletin and uses the templates etc had to be completely rewritten from scratch to work with vb4.

3. Given the variables above beta testers where not even allowed to see the vbulletin 4 code till around first week in November so that did not give us time to rewrite the application for the gold release of vbulletin 4.

All in all vbulletin 4 was rushed to market way too fast and did not allow people like us time to develop compatible releases. This is self evident with the release of vb 4.01 which only comes out a few weeks after the gold and they even publically state it fixes over 200 bugs. Thats astromical that they would release a product with that many issues as GOLD. 4.02 of vbulletin is due out in another week or two and thats going to have another 100 bug fixes from what they say.

Rest assured we are working on vbGallery to be compatible but having to go back in and rework stuff we have already done because they are fixing bugs like crazy is delaying us from being able to release something to you. However with all that said we are working dilegently on this matter.

myuption
January 18th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Thanks Chuck, I also feel they rushed releasing the Gold version, and certainly that makes everything more complex.

Exactly because vbG is an addon product I preferred it, but to be honest, sometimes I'm a little bit envious to see several updates for Photopost and nothing for vBG.

Either way, I'll wait for the new vBG, thanks! :)

Chuck S
January 18th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Well everytime there has been a major release for PhotoPost Pro there has been a vbGallery release. Pro has had maybe more minor releases. Case in Point Photopost 6.2 came out with the flash uploader then we released vbGallery 2.5. Now pro had a couple minor dot releases but the next rendition of Pro is 7.0 for vb4 and we are working on vbGallery 3.0 for vb4.

myuption
January 22nd, 2010, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I mean those minor releases, it makes me think products are alive :p
thanks

Chuck S
January 22nd, 2010, 06:33 PM
everything here is very much alive.

pifa
January 27th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Hi Chuck, about the flash uploader you mentioned, is there a demo i can see how it works?

I remember i landed once a couple of years ago unexpectedly at Photopost, i liked it very much then, it's a speedy one. Today i can see the product is growing, and this feels safe. I am looking to find myself a valuable gallery script ... uploading photos, posting comments, subscriptions, etc. and photopost seems to match. About the flash uploader, how does it look like? does it show a progress bar during upload?

I am very positive about it!

matusman
January 27th, 2010, 06:28 PM
When I read about Luciano joining the team the future of vBGallery started looking even more promising. As in RadioShack ad: "I can hear now!"

Chuck S
January 27th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Login - PhotoPost Photo Gallery (http://www.photopost.com/photopost/uploadphoto.php)

The flash uploader can be seen right on our site here

pifa
January 28th, 2010, 04:02 PM
It looks promising. I am excited. I just need to save the money for. It has its price.

Chuck S
January 28th, 2010, 04:23 PM
okay let me know if you need any other info.