PDA

View Full Version : Pro or vBGallery

Mike_K
January 13th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Actually I use the VBGallery software 2.5 with VBulletin 3.84.
I am in planning to update to the VBulletin software 4.

Okay, now my VBG licence is not longer valid. Because I saw in the past that the VBG isn't really supported I am consider to buy the Pro product, although I don't need the features of the Pro product.

My question is: Is it problem-free to update VBG 2.5 to an actual Pro Version under VB 4.... or will I lost pictures, comments pp.?

Thanks.

Chuck S
January 13th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Have you checked your members area are you able to download Pro. If so you may not have to purchase a new license as all licenses purchased from us past a certain date where merged meaning you can choose which gallery to run.

It is pretty straight forward to run Pro. You would install the product and use an importer we have in the PhotoPost Pro imports forum to import the vbGallery content to Pro. You will lose nothing.

Mike_K
January 13th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I have only access to VBG. From 1.1. up to 2.5. No link to Pro. :(

Thank you.

Chuck S
January 13th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Okay yep then you would need to purchase a Pro license. You must have purchased before any such license merge etc

beduino
January 18th, 2010, 03:23 PM
sorry the newbbie question ...

this means vBGallery pro works with vBulletin 4.0.1 ?
[I'm a customer of photoplog and I need a gallery working with new vBulletin]

all the best
thanks

joao barroca
aka beduino

Chuck S
January 18th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Photopost Pro is compatible with vb 4.01

vbGallery is not yet compatible although we expect a beta in a couple weeks.

Mike_K
January 18th, 2010, 03:39 PM
No, the VBGallery does not work with VB 4 this time. The actual version 2.5 is only for VB 3.8 (and earlier versions). A VB 4 version will be released later

You can use Photopost Pro 7.01 under VB 4.

edit: uups... too late

Chuck S
January 18th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Yep I got here before you ;)