PDA

View Full Version : photo file storage location

bdub
January 12th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Up until June 9, 2009 all photo files were stored in /data/xxxx(numbered directory for each album). That goes up to /5201. However, the newest file uploaded is in (&cat=)/5373.

My question is "Where is that stored since it is not in the /data dir?"

Reason I need to know is for backup purposes. I run an automated backup each night of the /data dir only. Now that the files are evidently being stored elsewhere, I do not think I'm getting a good backup of newer than June 2009 files.

Thanks

Chuck S
January 12th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Our files have been stored the same way since version 5.0 of Photopost meaning data directory then category id so no issues there nothing has changed.

If your having issues with some backup script then your issues would be with that script not our product. As long as your backing up the data directory and all of its children thats what you should get.

bdub
January 12th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Then there should be a subdirectory named "5373" within the "data" directory, correct?

There is not.

Here is the url to the photo in question:
"showphoto.php?photo=32176&title=nsss-tool-kit&cat=5373"

Where else should I look?

FYI, I have not changed the storage folder in "Storage Options".

Chuck S
January 12th, 2010, 08:24 PM
well simple thing where does that photo exist does it show?

If it shows its not in category 5373

I really cant respond without a url here ;)

You talk above about your backup routine and how you guess our storage is different but I am not getting a clear picture of exactly what your real issue is. As posted our storage has not changed from your previous version.

Chuck S
January 12th, 2010, 10:25 PM
/photos/data/5373/CIMG1844_Small_.JPG

Category 5373 exists

bdub
January 12th, 2010, 10:57 PM
I broke down and used my host's website tools file manager. You're right! There are many directories that are invisible to WSFTP v7.6.

I can't imagine why WSFTP can't see them. Permissions seem to be the same. Perhaps a limit on the number of dirs listed?

Wow, ... I'm sorry for troubling you with my perceived problem. It is my FTP app that is at fault. First time I've run into this.

Does anyone know about a "number of directories listed" problem with WSFTP?

Mortified!

Chuck S
January 13th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Not a problem its good to know what you where trying to get at ;)

bdub
January 16th, 2010, 10:02 PM
I figured out what the problem is. It is the fact that the FTP server at my site host will only display 1999 files or sub-directories within any directory. Perhaps this is SOP?

I have 187 directories that are not visible to me via FTP. This is the reason WSFTP's Sync tool will not update my home computer with those new directories.

Is there any way to move the directories over, say ~1000 to another subdir? And, have the system locate new dirs and files to that other subdir?

Perhaps I need to find another way to keep my site backed up on my home computer. I'm open to suggestions.

I've never heard of anyone having this problem before. Is my site bigger than anyone elses? Am I the only one?

Thanks for any help or advice you might have to offer.

Chuck S
January 17th, 2010, 05:40 AM
No sorry there is no way to do that.

I would not say your site is bigger than anyones. I mean trackpads.com has one million photos.

You have over 650 categories that is a little atypical of most sites.

bdub
January 19th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Chuck

Lots of the sub directories in my /data directory are empty of photos. What would be the ramifications if I were to go in and delete those empty directories?

I think this would bring the number of subs down below 1999 and solve my synchronization problem.

Chuck S
January 19th, 2010, 10:42 PM
well you dont want to do that not if you have categories or albums in the program that may be empty of photos.