PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPlog Importer

pozo
January 5th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Dear Sirs,

I'm using vBulletin 3.8 with PhotoPlog gallery script.
Now I want to upgrade to vB4 and I'm thinking about using PhotoPost in future.

Is there any way to import the PhotoPlog data to PhotoPost??

Thanks in advance for your answer! :)

Chuck S
January 5th, 2010, 11:05 AM
No sorry I have not seen any such importer.

Two Worlds
January 7th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Hi,

I am using Photoplog Pro on one of my big boards and there seems to be no more developement. If there would be an importer from photoplog to photopost i would definetly buy photopost.

Are there any plans to work on an importer ?

Chuck S
January 7th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Well I doubt you would see anything in the near future.

We are busy enough right now getting GOLD copies out of the other software we release they are all in beta testing except our gallery Photopost Pro 7.0 which is gold and supports vb4.

We do offer custom services for a fee thats how alot of those things get done.

shipfriends
March 30th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Dear Chuck,

is my understanding correct that we could request an import script as part of a custom service?
If yes how is the best way to do that?

Chuck S
March 30th, 2010, 11:55 AM
You can use the contact us link in the site header. If this is a paid script we would need a copy of that software so we could look into what is needed for an import script and if it is possible.

pgb315
April 2nd, 2010, 07:04 PM
If anyone organizes a script to import to vBGallery from PhotoPlog Pro, I would be happy to contribute to the funding.

nanabite
April 4th, 2010, 04:08 AM
Me too!

I think you'll find a lot of PhotoPlog users who have just about had enough and are ready to jump ship...

Chuck S
April 4th, 2010, 08:57 AM
well one person who wants a custom importer written would have to contact us for a quote.

nanabite
April 4th, 2010, 09:52 AM
well one person who wants a custom importer written would have to contact us for a quote.
On it...

Bodyresource
April 4th, 2010, 11:01 AM
I just imported my photoplog gallery to photopost.

I wrote a little script which copied the files from a category to my uploads dir and then i did a bulk upload.
Just finished 14.000+ photo's today )

Chuck S
April 4th, 2010, 04:14 PM
well thats not really an import script. You arent importing the photo data comments etc. Your just moving files so you can bulkupload them.

pgb315
April 4th, 2010, 07:15 PM
On it...

excellent. keep us posted.

Bodyresource
April 5th, 2010, 05:14 AM
well thats not really an import script. You arent importing the photo data comments etc. Your just moving files so you can bulkupload them.

True, but it is the most fastest to move the pictures to the new gallery and put them in the right categories including the members who posted them.
I don't mind the amount of views etc, i'm happy with the result :)

Chuck S
April 5th, 2010, 10:28 AM
if your happy with what you have done then thats all that matters.

nanabite
April 15th, 2010, 09:06 AM
keep us posted.
Still no reply to my ticket :(

Chuck S
April 15th, 2010, 09:28 AM
I will check that out thanks

nanabite
April 19th, 2010, 05:01 PM
PhotoPlog has just issued an update for VB4 compatibility. I guess a very slow response is better than no response at all (as has been the case with my ticket). Looks like I for one will not be jumping ship (at least for now).

Chuck S
April 19th, 2010, 07:06 PM
I found it and responded probally cheaper for you to stay with photoplog but you have your answer.

nanabite
April 20th, 2010, 06:13 AM
The price certainly wasn't prohibitively expensive, however I will be sticking with PhotoPlog in the mean time as a quick-fix. Once I am up and running again on V4 I will revisit PhotoPost.

Chuck S
April 20th, 2010, 07:13 AM
enjoy your day

gfc123
May 21st, 2010, 03:45 PM
I'm considering buying photopost. But what to do with all the pictures within photoplog? is there any chance that there will be an import script soon? Am I really the only one asking for it?

mallyord
February 21st, 2012, 01:22 PM
Hi sorry to bring up an old ticket, but I'm looking to move from photoplug, has a converter to photopost being created?

Chuck S
February 21st, 2012, 02:17 PM
There are no plans from us on creating a PhotoPlog importer.

Any importers we have created in the past are for competitive commercial gallery scripts like ours not a vb hack. Your commenting on a several year old thread.