PDA

View Full Version : Latest PP work with vB3.8?

b6gm6n
January 1st, 2010, 06:34 PM
PP7, I have tried it and its great as usual, but vB4 has put me off all my design work, i was gonna upgrade my site, new design etc, i got PP7 and vB4 and even trying to find out how the make my page width smaller was too much pain to bear... so I'm gonna leave vB (like many) and stick with what i have and PP7 (hopefully) and sorry i just had to vent spleen about vB :/ give it a year maybe I'll re-consider, but for now....nope.

Also PP is brilliant, i just wish it looked less last decade :) ah-ha i can say say that now.... anyways, cheers dudes

-b6

Chuck S
January 1st, 2010, 07:21 PM
Is there a question here?

Michael P
January 5th, 2010, 07:01 PM
PP7 works with all versions of vB3 (even vB2 still!) and now with support for vB4!

b6gm6n
January 11th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Thanks MP... thats good, thought it would, i asked simply because i won't be going with vB4, bought out and killed, people are leaving it en-mass from what i gather and i don't blame them, I'm gonna stick with 3.8 till end-of-life and maybe in a couple of years see whats going on, cheers.

Chuck S
January 11th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Yeah there are mixed feelings on that issue for sure. I went the other route and did the cheap upgrade to vb4 suite for like $130 as I was due for renewal anyway.

b6gm6n
January 12th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Yeah good score Chuck for the cheaper deal, i was tempted...but just because of the price, i downloaded vB4 from the members area because i could and i was so excited about using it, i installed PP7 also which compliments it perfectly...this was on localhost for skin design etc, but i was a little lost with the design system, new learning curve which perhaps i didn't have too much time for, plus some of my plugins/mods would go and it would of been a big job to convert, so I'll wait for a bit, vB may do another deal, currently i would have to pay $175 to get this new system, anyways we'll see, PP I'd pay for till version 22.5... there some things you just cannot live without you know :)

-b6

Chuck S
January 12th, 2010, 07:06 AM
yeah the styles I am still learning ;)