PDA

View Full Version : In V7.0

rrewerts
December 26th, 2009, 06:00 PM
In version 7.0 a new field was added, "SEO meta description for index page?". The web browser displays... "SEO meta description for index page?" " -" "Site name". I do not want this displayed so I have removed all text from the "SEO meta description for index page?" field. Now the web broser displays... " -" "Site name". How can I get rid of the "-" dash?
Rick

Michael P
December 26th, 2009, 06:21 PM
That's coming from the title tag in printheader() in pp-inc.php which adds the site name to the title.

rrewerts
December 26th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Michael:
Thank you, but I have searched the pp-inc.php file over and over again and I cannot find it.
Rick

rrewerts
December 26th, 2009, 07:46 PM
For your reference, the site is Ratemycellshots.com. Please look at the tab for the dash. Please forgive the roughness of the site; I have only had it for a few weeks.
Rick

Michael P
December 26th, 2009, 09:31 PM
$theader = str_replace( "<head>","<head><title>{$titlereplace} - {$Globals['galleryname']}</title>", $theader );

rrewerts
December 27th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Got it, Thanks!

rrewerts
December 27th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Actually...
I think that switching the order of these two fields around would be the best idea, dont you?...

Chuck S
December 27th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Actually they use to be that way but for SEO purposes I beleive they where switched to how they are now.

Michael P
December 27th, 2009, 10:08 PM
No, it's not best to have the name of your website at the beginning of every title tag - the relevancy should be on each of the pages content and SEs are more interested in the unique aspects of the pages.