PDA

View Full Version : Photopost on iPhone and iTouch

jalmz
December 6th, 2009, 08:59 PM
hi chuck,

I saw the application of Flickr in Iphone, Is this possible in Photophost to have an application in iPhone and iTouch?

Chuck S
December 6th, 2009, 09:16 PM
There is no iphone version for photopost.

Michael P
December 8th, 2009, 04:25 PM
I've played with some ideas; basically a template for mobile users, but it's a ways off as I've been sidetracked with these updates and vBs BETA.

SteveSteve
January 27th, 2010, 03:59 PM
I second this.

Swanny
February 20th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Michael, please keep this in mind. I "third" this request :-)

Mobile will be big in the future, it's even pretty "big" right now. Look at how things are going in the industry and you can see that this is something that will be very handy to have. I suspect a second mobile-friendly template and some kind of mobile-detection script might be all that is needed. But it's easier said than done.

Chuck S
February 20th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Yep its something on the plate for sure as it is an emerging technology but a complatible layout is a ways off with everything on the plate right now with vb4 etc

wacnstac
May 13th, 2010, 10:58 PM
I agree as I stated at the end of this thread over a year ago:

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-pro-beta/141175-two-functions-lightbox-mobile.html#post1256010

Now photopost has missed the mobile boat. Apps like TapaTalk integrate into forums and support the biggest four mobile platforms. My users can finally upload pictures directly as attachments to forum posts. Too late PP.

Peter
March 23rd, 2011, 06:38 AM
I want this feature so I will reopen this thread.

There was a mobile addon to PP, users can mail photos to the gallery and thats it, it worked fine.

Why trash something like this ?

Mobile is the way to go, so having an iPhone app or the option to let users upload photos to PP will be great.

Anyone ?

dihuta
March 23rd, 2011, 09:57 AM
Nice,
Just make a mobile theme for PP and everyone will be happy.

satins05
April 9th, 2011, 02:11 AM
Thanks for the info.

Alfa1
April 11th, 2011, 07:22 PM
While I really would like to have my photopost accessible through iphone and android, it makes no sense to have a separate app just for the image gallery. It would be like needing a separate browser to browse photopost vs my forum.

I need something integrated.

ihstiv
April 24th, 2011, 03:29 PM
yep yep. integrated with forum runner and/or tapatalk apps is what we need.

jalmz
May 4th, 2011, 11:33 AM
yeah.. we need to have this features.. which is very vital.. nowadays, its going to be mobile.. PP is really behind .....

we can also monitize using Google admob.

Peter
May 4th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Something that works with the vBulletin gallery mixed with PP, that will be perfect. As VB has a mobile app out, having PP as a replacement for the VB gallery can make the trick, its just in hands of PP that make it happen.

Please do something for mobile !

trackpads
July 30th, 2011, 09:33 PM
If you buy forumrunner they will add a special tab to display your gallery. Once there is a mobile theme then it will show there as well.

My app: Trackpads for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/trackpads/id372324005?mt=8)
(Download and install it to see what I mean)

Forumrunner: Forum Runner - vBulletin / XenForo / myBB / phpBB Forum iPhone App (http://www.forumrunner.net/)

Peter
July 31st, 2011, 05:25 AM
There are a lot of solutions as forum readers, the problem is the image upload for PP, that it seems it will never happen here.

VB mobile solution works perfect, you can create albums and upload photos directly from the iPhone, but the pictures go into the user albums, not in PP.

So just have a tab to see the gallery and not being able to do anything has no sense, they can just get in Safari and do the same...

PP should give a solution for this, like having the user albums from VB forum into the user gallery as mobile album.

That way users can upload photos to the forum album and will appear as another album in PP.

Just pray to something like this happen and PP does something, if not, well, stay with no updates and nothing new in your gallery.

If you buy forumrunner they will add a special tab to display your gallery. Once there is a mobile theme then it will show there as well.

My app: Trackpads for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/trackpads/id372324005?mt=8)
(Download and install it to see what I mean)

Forumrunner: Forum Runner - vBulletin / XenForo / myBB / phpBB Forum iPhone App (http://www.forumrunner.net/)

trackpads
July 31st, 2011, 10:55 AM
Sorry if you misunderstood, I was meaning this as an interim solution, should have been more clear. You are preaching to the choir here man.

Chuck S
July 31st, 2011, 11:20 AM
A mobile style is something we are looking into but as with anything like this it take time. We are an extremely small company therefore things do happen at a much slower pace. We have 4 products and two part time developers. That is the extent of the workload. The money coming in is directly proportional to the amount of money that one can outlay. That is just simple economics.

trackpads
July 31st, 2011, 11:47 AM
I still love you guys the same :)

Chuck S
July 31st, 2011, 04:18 PM
Hey we do our best with the resources alotted. ;) It would be nice to be a larger company but unfortunately the economy the past couple years and our product market keeps things pretty much where we are at. I am glad that we have been able to continue development and stay afloat in this limited economy while so many businesses have gone under.

drareg
April 28th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Chuck, I have a HTC smartphone (Android) I am able to view our site (Photopost/vBulletin) without any problems. Ipads seem are the only apparatus that have problems with the software. I wonder if other software packages are compatible with Ipads, and are all Ipads incompatible with the software.

Could it be a problem with the Ipads, instead of the software? As far as I know, our members are talking about the Ipad3, not the earlier Ipad versions.

Again on most non Apple mobile (smart)phones the software works alright, but I have seen Iphones that gave no problem with the software whatsoever. Really my thought is that Apple with the third generation Ipads has made a mobile device that launced maybe to quick and has problems with the software.

Just my 10 cents.

Chuck S
April 28th, 2012, 12:37 PM
The problem that I know of on apple products is they as noted they lock the ability to upload a file so this is on there end.

Chuck S
May 3rd, 2012, 03:21 PM
We are working on mobile stuff and you can view little tests I have been doing here

http://www.photopost.com/forum/general-discussion/148094-mobile-viewing.html

Chuck S
September 18th, 2012, 02:56 PM
PhotoPost Pro 8 series has lots of mobile enhancements and just in case Iphone or Ipad users have not read it seems that Apple will soon be unblocking the file uploads in the Iphone and Ipad so users of those products should be able to upload to any site that does uploads which means uploading should work fine with those products once Apple corrects there issue.