PDA

View Full Version : vbcredits

jimsflies
November 26th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Is it possible to use the vbcredit system to allow members to pay for ads?

This seems like a huge feature since the classified ads could be "free", but required site participation in order to use them.

Chuck S
November 26th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Well no sorry it is not. There are tons of vb programs out there and we are one of them. We all work with vb but do not necessarily know about each other. I have never checked out such a system as vb subscriptions work for me.

jimsflies
November 26th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Not familiar with vb subscriptions. I'm looking for some way that "payment" to run an ad is based on participation in the forum not cash. The vbcredits system gives members credit for posting, daily login, commenting, rating threads, etc. Does vb subscriptions work in a similar way?

Chuck S
November 26th, 2009, 04:39 PM
No subscriptions are a payment to be bumped into a higher group that has more permission.

Our application as stated integrates with vbulletin much the way vbcredits does but our application and there application do not work together.

jimsflies
November 26th, 2009, 06:44 PM
So your application has some functionality that awards members points for posting/contributing that can be used to pay for ads?

Chuck S
November 26th, 2009, 06:48 PM
No sorry thats not what I said. Our application does not integrate with vbcredits. It integrates with the vb login and users can post free ads or pay to post ads.