PDA

View Full Version : ReviewPost and Classified Menu Bar

allcompu
November 1st, 2009, 03:35 PM
Would it be possible to provide a step-by-step of how to make changes to the menu bar in each of these applications? We do not wish to offer subscriptions or provide access to any member list other than what we already have available through vBulletin.

I would also like to know what purpose a subscription in ReviewPost serves?

Chuck S
November 1st, 2009, 04:39 PM
You can edit the menubar by altering in some manner as you see fit the topmenu function in pp-inc.php file.

subscriptions allow you to elevate a user info another usergroup that say might have better viewing and posting priviledges

allcompu
November 1st, 2009, 07:18 PM
Is there something unique about the Home link on the menubar? I want it to read Classifieds Home and thought I found it in phrases.php but changing it had no effect. I was unable to find it in pp-inc.php.

Chuck S
November 1st, 2009, 09:27 PM
No the wording Home is most definately in the phrases and if changed it would read that.

allcompu
November 1st, 2009, 10:36 PM
No the wording Home is most definately in the phrases and if changed it would read that.

No it didn't update. Checked it on another computer that had never visited that page just to be sure it wasn't a cache problem. I got it to update by entering mydomain/pp-classified/phrases.php though.

Chuck S
November 1st, 2009, 10:39 PM
You most likely forgot to hit the radio box approve changes. If you dont do that it wont work

Main Index - PhotoPost Classifieds (http://www.reeftalk.com/classifieds/index.php)

allcompu
November 1st, 2009, 11:15 PM
The radio box to approve changes in what? I was editing the phrases.php file and uploading it via FTP. Please explain.

Chuck S
November 2nd, 2009, 05:37 AM
The way to update phrases is through the admin panel under the language editor portion of admin. ;)