PDA

View Full Version : Forum access, especially suggestions forum

AdamNP
September 24th, 2009, 11:56 PM
I've been running PP for years and have been current most of that time. At the moment, I am not, waiting until PP has a worthwhile upgrade, which it looks like 7 may be. So here's my question:

Why, in the name of god, can I not post in the suggestions forum? Non-customers and especially potential renewing customers should be able to suggest improvements. In general I find the forum restrictions here ridiculously strict, but not being able to post suggestions just floored me. You should have to be current to post in support and mods, everything else should be open.

Anyway, I'll do it here. I think both spider friendly AND standard should be dropped for SEO only. Seriously, no one in their right mind is going to want anything other than SEO. At the least, make it possible to choose to 301 redirect all standard/spider URLs to the new SEO. Otherwise, all the SEO option is going to do is create yet more duplicate content.

Second, the new example site Michael posted looks good. I just have one minor nitpick on the SEO URLs. Lose the .html on the end, or make the extension configurable/removable. URL looks cleaner without it.

benFF
September 25th, 2009, 04:50 AM
Ha - I was thinking the same recently.

I'd like to help people in the support area but can't anymore either :(

It would be much more friendly if expired support people could still post, just know that Chuck wouldn't help out (unless support was renewed)

Chuck S
September 25th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Sorry guys the owner decides the rules. If you dont like them feel free to put an email to sales and they can pass it along.

However I can tell you personally if people where allowed to post in support and are expired there would be alot more flack than there is now when I would say sorry cant help you as your not entitled to support. That is for sure without any doubt in my mind.

It all depends on how you look at things.

AdamNP
September 25th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Like I said, no access to support and mods, but not being able to make suggestions and talk about upgrades is bizarre and directly counterproductive to future sales. I'm not emailing sales, if the owner doesn't want to talk to anyone who hasn't paid recently that's up to him.

Chuck S
September 25th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Like I said that all depends on your point of view. I dont think its counterproductive personally but thats me. Feel free to voice any concern you have as I noted before. Not too much I can do for you on the support forum here. I simply do not make the policies.