PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to PhotoPost Pro

Lord.Khalid
August 20th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Hello there,

I have an expired vbGallery license and I'd like to upgrade to PhotoPost Pro. So how much I'll need to pay for that and how actually I can do it (couldn't find an option here: PhotoPost Pro / vBGallery License (http://techimo.stores.yahoo.net/photlic.html) )

Thanks

Chuck S
August 20th, 2009, 10:13 AM
well this all depends on your licensing. Do you see the ability to download photopost pro in your members area?

Lord.Khalid
August 20th, 2009, 10:14 AM
No I can't.

Chuck S
August 20th, 2009, 10:18 AM
So if you do not see photopost pro anything in your members area then you most likely have an old vbadvanced purchased vbgallery license. If thats the case then you need to purchase a photopost pro license. You would then install that product and run the vbgallery to photopost pro import script and import your vbgallery content to photopost pro.

Lord.Khalid
August 20th, 2009, 10:26 AM
I might be an old customer but not that old :). I purchased the license directly from you but then I remember there was a change in prices and something about paying the different to be able to use both vbgallery and PhotoPost Pro but I can't remember the details. So is this the case now or I'll have to buy a new license?

Chuck S
August 20th, 2009, 10:31 AM
If you are an older vbgallery customer whom does not have access to photopost pro then yes you would need to purchase a pro license.

If all you want to do is upgrade your vbgallery to the latest then you simply renew members access.

Lord.Khalid
August 20th, 2009, 12:58 PM
OK, I actually have large database, If I got the PhotoPost Pro and took the gallery out in separate database, Will this help perform batter?

Plus, what about the styles, will I be able to use them just like in vbGallery?

Thanks

Chuck S
August 20th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Photopost Pro can load your vb style we load the header footer style of the forum

If you install Pro you can install Pro into another database and import the vbgallery content into the new photopost database no need to move vbgallery tables. Once that is done then you would remove vbgallery. Usually if databases are large enough separating things out into smaller databases makes things faster.