PDA

View Full Version : How you pay Demo

pitzerwm
August 5th, 2009, 09:59 PM
The Classifieds

I went to see the active site, and added an ad, as I am wanting to add this to my site, I will be charging for the ads, I'd like to see the payment procedure/options. You "demo" site apparently doesn't show this.

Chuck S
August 6th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Try the new category I created and see if your prompted for payment.

Basically the process is the same you simple get prompted to pay the payment before the ad is processed.

pitzerwm
August 6th, 2009, 11:25 AM
It would appear that the classifieds is the red headed step child, from your home page and most if not all other pages, you can't find the actual classifieds links, just info. The demo is only the gallery info, I can't even remember how I found the viper site in the first place.

You want to give me the link?

Chuck S
August 6th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Main Index - PhotoPost Classifieds (http://www.photopost.com/classifieds)

I thought you where actually talking our pages not some other site.

pitzerwm
August 6th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Ok, let me understand, you actually don't sell this product, or you sell it but you don't want to, and if you do sell it there is no support?

"Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding."

If its for sale, I would like to see it work, so I know if its what I need. I wouldn't think that this is unreasonable.

Clicking on the apparent link to see it in action took me to Viperally, I missed the link to get me where your link took me, when I tested it it gave me an error, saying I think that you didn't have an account, I assume if you set that up, it would work right. Can they also have the option to send a check?

Chuck S
August 6th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Our classifieds is listed right off our main site.

I listed the actual demo thats setup on this site. I have no control over some external viperalley site. we support out software as well

If you go to the address I listed you should be able to see it just be logged in like you are right now its integrated with the very forums here

Our options are visa mastercard amex and paypal. You can send a check if you wish by contacting sales but they can not issue the license till your check has cleared the bank.

pitzerwm
August 6th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Ok, I'm obviously an idiot, when you go to the main page

PhotoPost PHP Photo Sharing Gallery with vBulletin Forum Integration (http://www.photopost.com/)

You see a "Demo: User" link in the navbar which when clicked takes you to the following link, which to me appears to only be the photopost gallery.

Main Index - PhotoPost Photo Gallery (http://www.photopost.com/photopost/)

If you scan down the main page, there is a description of the classifieds but no link, but if you look on the right there is a small blueish box with this link in it:

Also available: ReviewPost adds user reviews to your site, and PhotoPost Classifieds connects buyers and sellers.

If you click on that, you do indeed get to the classified page.

PhotoPost Classifieds - PHP Based Classified Ads Software for Community Websites (http://www.photopost.com/class/)

You will then see the following link: You also see "that version 2.61 is now available", but somewhere else I thought I saw that a version 3 was available?

"See PhotoPost Classifieds in Action"

PhotoPost Classifieds 2.61 now available!

When you click on this link you are taken to this Viperalley site.

PhotoPost Powered Site (http://www.photopost.com/class/sites_frame.pl?http://www.viperalley.com/classifieds/index.php)

So obviously, I'm way too stupid to buy or implement this solftware.

"Can they also have the option to send a check? "

This question wasn't referring to me buying the software, it was could the person placing an ad, pay be check.

Thanks for bringing to my attention that, you actually need a brain to buy and operate this software.

Chuck S
August 6th, 2009, 05:54 PM
The person paying for an ad has to use the payment options you elect which is usually paypal, worldpay, moneybookers or authorize.net. Most people use paypal. There is no check option.

pitzerwm
August 6th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Thanks, I do have some that want/need to send a check, does/can the ad be in limbo until they send in a check?

Looking at the page--> admin that you sent me to, I do not see where you set the prices for the ads. Could you help me with that? I see the payment options.

I assume that you now see how the confusion in actually finding the info occurred? Maybe the programmer can work on that small item.

Chuck S
August 6th, 2009, 11:25 PM
There is a contact seller link for the buyer to contact the ad poster. The ad poster can mark the ad sold if they agree to accept a check I guess

You set prices for ads per category under admin edit categories

Actually I would have to send that to the webmaster.

pitzerwm
August 6th, 2009, 11:38 PM
A little confusion here. I have always been talking about people paying to place the ads, with a check not buying the item.

If I understand you can pay for the placement of the ad with PayPal and a couple of other payment sites?? Paying with a check is not address?

The buyer can use PayPal et. al to pay the seller also? Is this adjustable, so that if the buyer doesn't want paypal,et. al. it can be turned off by the seller?

Chuck S
August 6th, 2009, 11:46 PM
There is no payment option in the software for users placing an ad to use a check.

Yes thats correct

Yes the seller can choose not to allow buy it now and then the buyer needs to use the contact form to contact the seller and arrange payment.

pitzerwm
August 6th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Now that we are on the same page, so to speak. If the person placing the ad, wants/needs to send in a check, can his ad "sit there" until I get the check and then I can "ok" the ad?

Chuck S
August 7th, 2009, 12:05 AM
If you want to mark approval for all ads you can I guess place some message to people it costs this to post an ad and once you recieve a check you will approve the ad. There is no direct thing in the software to do a check.

pitzerwm
August 7th, 2009, 12:19 AM
Well, sometimes people want to send a check. I just went back and "posted" an ad, but when I click on payment, it goes to an error message , maybe from PayPal and it appears that my ad is "dropped" or killed.

I assume that the payment error is because "you" aren't set up for PayPal payments? Or Is this an error in the program?

What is/would be the procedure normally, you click on payment, then it goes to PP and then returns and "places the ad"? If they were to need to send a check, would the ad be "stored" until I got the check and "approved the ad"?

Chuck S
August 7th, 2009, 09:22 AM
I can respond to an error if you post what the error is.

I went in our demo and did not see any issues posting an ad for payment I got the screen to pay?

Message - PhotoPost Classifieds (http://www.photopost.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=49)

I see you did post an ad.

pitzerwm
August 7th, 2009, 11:21 AM
This is the error that I get.

This recipient does not accept payments denominated in WS_Error_XClick_Pref_Foreign_Currency. Please contact the seller and ask him to update his payment receiving preferences to accept this currency.

This is where:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=mB55hitQIzK35q8lDeLES9IGk1E8fw7EY6fA4i4tdlZa4OstqFgq2pt1fbm&dispatch=50a222a57771920b6a3d7b606239e4d529b525e0b7e69bf0224adecfb0124e9bdd7275a399ffdb502f5df4e499ae8456658a8e60c7f4ec16

When I look at "my ad" I don't see anything, maybe you are seeing my ad at the admin level.

What is/would be the procedure normally, you click on payment, then it goes to PP and then returns and "places the ad"? If they were to need to send a check, would the ad be "stored" until I got the check and "approved the ad"?

Chuck S
August 7th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Yeah your ad is not paid for and not approved so you probally see not approved

Anyway yeah thats not a program error. That seems to be some issue with paypal in your trying to send currency in some format that is not allowed. I beleive the currency we have setup is US DOLLARS.

pitzerwm
August 7th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Well, I used USD, so maybe there is a problem. I tried to call sales and even though it was before closing, I got the voice mail only.

Are you able to answer the following question, Its been in 2 other posts.

Chuck S
August 7th, 2009, 04:16 PM
well the link your posting above is not our site its paypal so I really cant say much about any error you get on there. I know many users use paypal without issue.

The normal procedure for placing a paid ad is you upload the ad click the pay button it takes you to paypal you complete payment and then click the link to go back to the site.

As far as checks there is no option as stated so however you handle that is up to you.

Here is your ad

Message - PhotoPost Classifieds (http://www.photopost.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=49)

Your telling me you dont see that

pitzerwm
August 7th, 2009, 06:09 PM
When I go to your Message... link, I do see a page that says "this ad isn't paid for" But nothing that I would recognize that its my ad.

As for the paypal thing, I go through the procedure to place the ad, I click on the payment button and that is where it says the error message, either I am not understanding something or there is a problem. I love your attitude, that "This program couldn't possibly have a problem, so its YOU" The fact that your web site is so screwed up that you can't even get to the link that you gave me (Main Index - PhotoPost Classifieds) coupled with your attitude, leads me to look else where. This might be the best there is but your attitude, which I imagine that I would have to live with if I have questions in the future, leaves a lot be desired. I'm glad that they are making so much money with the other products that they could care less if you buy this one or not.

I understand that when you develop something, you can't imagine that everyone else can't figure it out, as it is so simple. I think that I'm asking reasonable and simple questions and we have wasted each other time for a day and a half, and I still am not assured that the paypal part works. Going through the steps, yields the error message, It isn't possible for me to create this error, blaming PayPal, is counter productive. Telling me that everyone else on the planet isn't having an issue isn't the answer.

Chuck S
August 7th, 2009, 07:51 PM
This is the error that I get.

This is where:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=mB55hitQIzK35q8lDeLES9IGk1E8fw7EY6fA4i4tdlZa4OstqFgq2pt1fbm&dispatch=50a222a57771920b6a3d7b606239e4d529b525e0b7e69bf0224adecfb0124e9bdd7275a399ffdb502f5df4e499ae8456658a8e60c7f4ec16

Maybe by your response your not understanding something here. I simply asked you what error you got so I could give you a response to that error.

Now you posted your error and I stated your having an issue with paypal. That error is not coming from our program nor is the web address your posting come from our url.

Now see yes if you dont pay for an ad your going to get a message you see. Look here I approved ads and this is what you see now

Test Payment Category - PhotoPost Classifieds (http://www.photopost.com/classifieds/showcat.php?cat=7)

The error your posting comes from paypal and suggests there is a foreign currency being used and our company does not accept that as payment.

I can try placing an alternate paypal address in there and you can test again if you want but were getting into debugging paypal not the classifieds.

Chuck S
August 7th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Here lets try this you can go to my test site

register and try posting an ad

Main Index - PhotoPost Classifieds (http://www.omegatron.net/classifieds)

pitzerwm
August 7th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Thanks for your endeavors to help, but the fact remains. I am in the USA, when I click on "make the payment" I get that error. maybe its from Paypal, maybe from God, bottom line is that I'm just clicking the "make a payment" option. I have no control from this end. Its your software and your settings.

BTW, I do appreciate that last night you were answering at 1AM and tonight its Friday and its 9 at your end. I need and want to buy this program, but I do not need to buy a problem. You must admit, your people are not helping you. The website needs a few tweaks, & the set up sends you to the wrong paypal account/site. I have PayPal payments with my present software, so I understand PayPal. I'm sure that it is a small tweak, but I think that you are smart enough to see that I have no control at this end, I'm just following the directions when posting an ad.

I did get the approval of the ads.

Chuck S
August 7th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Please go to my test site and try I think you will find it works fine

pitzerwm
August 7th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Thanks, I went there and registered, but I see no place to put up an ad. I'm out for the rest of the evening. Lets try tomorrow.

Chuck S
August 7th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Yeah i went to the forum you had not validated the membership yet so you where not in the members group

I vaidated your membership so you should be fine now to post

pitzerwm
August 8th, 2009, 05:30 AM
I went back and it said that I was still logged in, and I surfed every page and I don't see any place to place an ad.

I did post a post

Chuck S
August 8th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Are you sure your logged in?

I logged in with my test account test and can see PLACE AN AD

Main Index - PhotoPost Classifieds (http://www.omegatron.net/classifieds/index.php)

pitzerwm
August 8th, 2009, 12:15 PM
This is where you sent me the first time: http://omegatron.net/board/index.php?/index

This time it went to the classifieds. This time, I was already logged in, and it was totally different, I tried to place an ad, and got this

"We're sorry, but the system experienced an unrecoverable error. Please try again later."

Did you notice that the currency was set at British pounds? I changed it in the ad.

Chuck S
August 8th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Strange all my links here pointed to my little test classifieds not the axtual invisionboard forum

anyway I see you posted an ad but I forgot to set a payment amount so you posted a free ad. I just set a payment amount and tested an ad it posted fine

Here is your free one

another test 12:42 PDT - PhotoPost Classifieds (http://www.omegatron.net/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/19)

pitzerwm
August 8th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I went to your link, and I don't see a way to "pay" for this ad, so I tried to post another ad, and get this info:

We're sorry, but the system experienced an unrecoverable error. Please try again later.

If you want to sell this program, call me 509-735-6552 and lets work out these glitz's, I'm am tied of doing this ring around the rosey. I'm sure the crap works fine, but this procedure is BS. Either that or sell it to me and agree to refund my money if it doesn't work right.

I might not have a life :o), but I'm worn out working with you.

Chuck S
August 8th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Well I had to login as you to see your issue.

Your password is reset to password

That site is running the new Invisionboard 3.0 integration I am working on and the issue was with that. I have corrected that so try placing an ad if you want to see how it goes to paypal.

pitzerwm
August 8th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Finally!!!

So if you had this much trouble setting your own site up correctly, what are the odds, that I can?

Other than the "admin panel" what "instructions" explaining the different procedures/options are there?

I use to own a software company, documentation was always the last thing to thing to get done and was always incomplete..

I still need to understand what is the procedure if they don't want to pay with paypal. Is there an "exit" for them, other than a "note telling them to send a check" and will their ad be "stored" until admin okays it?

Chuck S
August 8th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Well its not really my site persay like a functioning one. Thats an install I keep in place that I code new versions or write new integrations with forums with. The error you where getting was actually something to do with a forum integration and not the base code or anything to do with payment.

If they dont want to pay then they back out. You can modify any instructions to say whatever you wish. I see you went to place an ad and never finished so the ad is in limbo meaning its in a awaiting payment que you can see in admin.

The admin options are pretty well laid out and broken down. If you have any specific questions let me know. The admin demo I showed you before should show you how extensive the features are and how broken down things are and easy to understand.

pitzerwm
August 8th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the explanations. Just to be clear, If I add instructions underneath this line:

"When you hit SUBMIT, the file you selected will be uploaded". (I assume that I can do that)

Telling them to hit submit and then back out, and to send a check to xxxxxx. it will "escrow" the ad which I can find/see in admin. When I get the check, I can "ok" the ad and it post, right?

Is it possible/reasonable (by me) to add another button on the "Make Payment" page to exit gracefully?

Chuck S
August 8th, 2009, 08:53 PM
You can modify things sure. My suggestion would be to modify the payment template and add an explanation and graceful exit link.

pitzerwm
August 10th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Well, Chuck, you pretty much have me convinced that this is what I want. I called the 800# Friday before closing, but still got the voice mail, left my info, its now 1pm west coast time, and no call back.

You guys rolling in the money and could care less if we are interested?

Chuck S
August 10th, 2009, 04:28 PM
there was no need to call you back as I was the one whom got the call and have handled all your questions here. if there was anything else I could answer let me know.

pitzerwm
August 10th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Yeap, a couple I guess.

If I pay to have you install it, do you pretty much just drop it onto the "site" and all options, categories/prices/etc are my responsibility?

My VBForum is on one host, but I have another host/site set up (has MySQL/PhP, but not using yet) and will be moving my VBforum there by the end of the year. If you/I install it with the new host, will it be seamless with my present forum?

pitzerwm
August 10th, 2009, 04:52 PM
I am right assuming that I can modify the Header/footer/navbar like I am able to do in VB?

Also, I'm using reCaptcha with my Forum, can I use it with PPC or do I need to use imagemagic?

Chuck S
August 10th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Okay lets try and answer these easily.

If we install it we install it with permissions set so that you are ready to role. You can then create your categories prices and open it up. I will have already configured all the base options etc which you can change at any time.

Well we can install it with the forum on another server if the forum on that other server allows external mysql connections. Also if your using vb on another forum you can not use the enhanced integration since the applications are not on the same server. it is always best to have them on the same server and as wel if you want them to be integrated userwise the databases need to be able to interact with one another.

If you really want things seamless your best option is to install both of them on the same server and then move them later or move your vb now and install classifieds.

pitzerwm
August 10th, 2009, 04:59 PM
sorry due to the delay, I thought my last post hadn't happened.

Chuck S
August 10th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Captcha is not an image processor.

You use GD or Imagemagick to process images just like you do in vbulletin.

Yes you can edit a header footer etc in the classifieds just like you can in vb and if you integrate with vb we can load your headers footers from vb if you choose.

pitzerwm
August 10th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the info. I understand that seamless means putting them on the same server. There isn't a forum on the new site yet.

I understand that Captcha isn't exactly the same as the others, but I am using it for registration and it seams to work fine. But it isn't used in PPC?

In the http://www.omegatron.net/classifieds/ site, you just had the image check turned off?

I'm told that the server has imagemagick available.

Chuck S
August 10th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Captha is used in registration sure but thats a standalone. If your integrated with the forum the forum registration is used.

My site there is integrated with Invisionboard not vbulletin.

pitzerwm
August 10th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Looks like its a go, Just to be clear, once its installed (by you) if there are any questions, they need to be handled through this forum or emails to support?

I know that you work late and on the weekends.

It also would appear that you are the chief cook and bottle washer, so as long as you don't croak, I'm covered?

Chuck S
August 11th, 2009, 01:42 AM
Support is through email or forums.

I would not say I am chief LOL. I just work here although I do head support and develop 2 of the 4 applications we release.

pitzerwm
August 11th, 2009, 03:38 AM
Well, since no one answers the phone, and you say that it is your job to check the messages, I'd say that this is pretty much a one man show. I'm not real keen on doing business with people that I can't talk with. Dealing with "customer service in Pakistan" is a pain enough.

I see an installation "manual" for Pro, is this the same one for the classifieds? Also, its unclear, or at least I haven't found it, what if any or the renewal fees each year?

How do we handle you installing it?

Am I correct that if PPC is using the same server as my VB forum, that PPC will use the Forum registration(info) as its own, and since I use reCaptcha for the forum registration, installing/using Imagemagick or GD2 isn't necessary?

Chuck S
August 11th, 2009, 06:54 AM
There are actually about 7 of us but the pre sales line only goes to me. Most of our business is via email or the forum.

The classifiieds install manual is located on the classifieds site but pretty much the same as the gallery.

PhotoPost Pro / vBGallery License (http://techimo.stores.yahoo.net/photlic.html)

The license is forever meaning you can run the version you buy forever. The license comes with one year support and code updates. Now after that time you can purchase a years block of support and code updates called a members renewal for $39.00 if you should need to or wish to as new versions come out.

You purchase the license and an install service and customer service will process your order and send you the install doc, That info then gets send to the installer and its installed.

Your classifieds will use the vb registration correct and they use the registration script to register. GD or Imagemagick is always necessary to process pictures but your server already has it installed.

pitzerwm
August 11th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the info. However, I can't find any manual on your link. If you click on support, you get the Pro's manual. Unless, I'm blind.

Chuck S
August 11th, 2009, 09:26 PM
PhotoPost Classifieds Installation Guide - Classified Ads Software for Community Websites (http://www.photopost.com/class/installphp.html)