PDA

View Full Version : Deny access to other members' photos

Guldstrand
July 29th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Is there a way to deny access to other members' photos if you have not uploaded any yourself?

Let say that i want all members to upload min. 2 photos, before they can access/view other members photos.
Is there a way to do this?

Chuck S
July 29th, 2009, 07:45 PM
No sorry there is nothing in the program that does something like that.

Guldstrand
July 29th, 2009, 10:29 PM
No sorry there is nothing in the program that does something like that.
Ok! Thanks for your reply. :(

EDIT: What if i integrate photopost with vbulletin, will it be possible then?

Chuck S
July 30th, 2009, 03:13 AM
I cant say for sure really. Is there some sort of posting POST COUNT BASED usergroup you can setup?. Thats really the issue. I think maybe there is.

Photopost works the same as most forum products you assign viewing uploading or commenting permissions based on usergroup permissions. A user is in a specific usergroup.

To do something like you want to do you need to make sure regular users which you can restrict viewing dont see content and the forum would elevate them to another usergroup after X many posts. You could then set in photopost that group can see certain content.

Guldstrand
July 30th, 2009, 12:23 PM
I´ve thought of that.
But "post counts" isn´t that "safe", cause it even counts ordninary posts in the forum, right?

So if a user post in 2 forum threads, then he/she would gain access to view all images.
It has to be 2 "posts" in photopost, not in vbulletin. Am i thinking right?

Chuck S
July 30th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Yes your thinking is right but I can only suggest what I know about how things work.

Guldstrand
July 31st, 2009, 12:01 AM
Yes your thinking is right but I can only suggest what I know about how things work.
Yes, absolutely. Thanks for your response.
Maybe someone else have a solution for this?

Chuck S
July 31st, 2009, 07:30 AM
Most likely if you dont have things working 100 like you like then you need to make some sort of code modification to do what you wish

Guldstrand
July 31st, 2009, 11:01 AM
Most likely if you dont have things working 100 like you like then you need to make some sort of code modification to do what you wish
Yes!
But maybe there is a similar mod already done by someone else?

Chuck S
July 31st, 2009, 04:11 PM
Not that I have seen but I cant say whats posted entirely in the mod corner since our company does not follow that stuff