View Full Version : Photos not uploading
July 21st, 2009, 01:00 PM
I have photopost setup on streetlegaltv.com/photos/ and when I try to upload, it says upload completed, then redirects me to my album, but the photos are not there.
Moderation is off, and I have the same script running on a couple other sites that work fine. I've also tried increasing my PHP memory. Any ideas what this could be?
July 21st, 2009, 01:40 PM
Check these three things
1. The file is not larger than your PHP max upload allowed filesize? Usually 2M on most servers.
2. File Uploads in PHP is set to On
3. Safe Mode is set to Off on the servers PHP
You can check all those under PHPINFO in Admin.
July 22nd, 2009, 10:16 AM
Everything is set just the way you described. The file being uploaded is only about 300k and PHP max file size is set to 5mb.
This issue just started happening. It was working fine for a while after I installed photopost and then all the sudden it stopped working.
July 22nd, 2009, 10:43 AM
Also, I tried to upload the files through the FTP (they are jpg's) and when I tried to import them into photopost, I got a message that says "(): Sorry, this image type is not supported yet."
Maybe there is something wrong with the jpg's I'm uploading?
Here is an example of one of them.
July 22nd, 2009, 11:24 AM
Wow, this is really strange... I just successfully uploaded it by removing the underscore in the file name.
July 22nd, 2009, 11:34 AM
strange indeed as underscores should not pose any issue.
July 22nd, 2009, 11:36 AM
Well, it's only happening to a specific set of images. Any images I take with my camera seem to upload fine regardless of the file name or underscore. Is maybe the color profile or something causing it to not upload??
July 22nd, 2009, 11:50 AM
well if its only specific images maybe they are corrupt who knows but as long as things work thats good. I have seen corrupt image or images cause some issues over the years.
July 26th, 2009, 09:41 AM
I had exactly the same problem, due it seems to the photo being over the PHP max upload size.
Is there any way I can increase this programmatically? Also, is it possible to show an error message instead of the photo just failing to appear?
July 26th, 2009, 12:14 PM
1. The only way to fix this is to actually edit the servers php.ini file and change this and restart the server. This is a server thing nothing to be done through the program. The max filesize is not allowed to be set via an ini_set. Here is what can and can not be set program wise through an ini_set
PHP: Liste der php.ini-Direktiven - Manual (http://us.php.net/manual/de/ini.list.php)
anything set via system can not be done via a script
2. Well not really with any reliability. The issue is GD2 is part of PHP and as such the white page means PHP is shut down as a result of the problem. There is nothing we can make as far as a message appear because PHP is shut down and we are a PHP script. The server is always first.
July 27th, 2009, 01:55 PM
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but im having an issue when I try to upload images. I get this error.
Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 127
"/usr/bin/X11/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 100x67 -quality 70 -geometry 100x67 -unsharp 10 '/home/dotdoub1/public_html/clanstone.net/data/2/thumbs/2SWA.jpg'
Any help would be appreciated.
July 27th, 2009, 02:13 PM
You need to do one of two things.
1. You need to set the proper path to mogrify in edit config in admin where asked maybe
This only works if mogrify is on the server. 127 error means its not found
2. You can set your image processor to GD2 in Global Options in admin.
July 27th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Just purchased pp pro for our forum. Having checked this thread; both max file size and php_value post_max_size are now set to 20M. But now I am getting the error message:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 13056 bytes) in /home/feldon23/public_html/forumspp/image-inc.php on line 116. Photo sizes are approximately 3072 x 2304 and can be 3-5.5MB in .jpg's
Got any suggestions?
PS. In addition - videos now upload, but embedded videos are not showing the full size of 640 x 480? Only part of the video window is actually viewable. Is this size not supported?
July 28th, 2009, 09:35 AM
1. Memory issue is another error. You might want to make sure and check your server has imagemagick ( mogrify ).
That can assist with raising memory in PHP
2. You need to place a link to some video issue so I know what you mean. Certain embedded players run in specific size modes so you may need to edit the actual embed template for that player.
July 28th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Server is set right now using GD2.
As for a video link:
Otter Feeding - My Photo Gallery (http://www.feldoncentral.com/forumspp/showphoto.php?photo=522)
Uploaded as .avi
July 28th, 2009, 10:03 AM
1 well you can try imagemagick if your server has it or try setting a higher memory limit in php.
2. Look at the embed template its coded to 320 x 285
July 28th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Installed IM on the server, am now getting this error code:
Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 127
"" -strip -resize "120x" -resize "x80<" -gravity center -crop 120x80+0+0 -quality 80 -unsharp 10 '/home/feldon23/public_html/forumspp/data/502/thumbs/IMG_0106.JPG'
July 28th, 2009, 11:17 AM
nevermind - got that straightened out :)
July 28th, 2009, 11:37 AM
No problem glad to assist.
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.