PDA

View Full Version : Forum Access

1QuickSI
July 7th, 2009, 02:43 AM
Seems I can not access any of the forums other then this one even though I am a customer of both Classifieds and PP :(

For some reason I have lost the images to the vBulletin NAVBAR. The URL for the missing images is not making any sense to me.

http://monstermayhem.org/forums/ppc.jpg

Chuck S
July 7th, 2009, 08:37 AM
One owned license grants you the right to run one software installation on one domain for an unlimited time, and purchasing an owned license gives you access to our members download area and support for one year.

Your issue is that your licenses the members access for download and product support has expired. You would have to renew members access to obtain support.

1QuickSI
July 7th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Customer Support Forums: If you are a customer and have an installation problem, a bug report, or any other question or comment, our "support forums" section is the place to post it. We monitor the forums day and night and will help you solve problems. PhotoPost customers frequent these forums as well and they'll offer you advice too.

Guess I am not considered a customer becuase I purchased your products :eek:

Sorry Chuck guess we will agree to disagree how you define a customer is based on current status thus I wont be buying another 2 PP licenses that I was planning for 2 more sites and will tell my friend to look elseware for his project as well.

Take care.

Chuck S
July 7th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Sorry you feel that way. I will explain further just so there is no misunderstanding on the policy. The licensing of our products has never changed and what I quoted has always been on our order page when you ordered your licenses.

You can run Photopost on your site forever thats never in question. When you purchase a license you get one year members access to download code updates and product support. We have 15000 customers and as such support has never been free. That is what our members area renewal has always been there for. It is up to you whether you require it or not. vbulletin works in the same way we do. The members area access is exactly what allows us to provide support for people. Our company or any company for that matter would not be in business if you only paid say a hundred dollars and obtain product support for life.

1QuickSI
July 8th, 2009, 10:37 AM
vbulletin works in the same way we do...

While not having an active VB license negates my ability to access JelSoft's support ticket system, Jelsoft continualy supplys support through their fourms regardless of status.

And no there are no hard feelings as it is your company, product and time and you should run it as you see fit. I just can not run your software knowingly that if an issue arises that I can not find an answer to that support will be nill.

packetattack
July 27th, 2009, 08:33 AM
I am a paying customer and also cannot post in the vBGallery Support section. I even renewed my $39.00 fee for the customer download area.

Chuck S
July 27th, 2009, 09:09 AM
You own two licenses one Photopost and one Classifieds. You can gain members access by switching emails to the one used on your classifieds license that one is not expired. As far as members renewal if you just purchased that you would need for that to be processed as all orders are hand done. Your photopost support and members access expired almost 3 years ago.

packetattack
July 27th, 2009, 09:12 AM
You own two licenses one Photopost and one Classifieds. You can gain members access by switching emails to the one used on your classifieds license that one is not expired. As far as members renewal if you just purchased that you would need for that to be processed as all orders are hand done. Your photopost support and members access expired almost 3 years ago.

Agreed, I guess I was confused on how the licensing worked since my support license for Classifieds hasn't expired yet.

So how do I get support for vBGallery? Do I need to pay again?

Chuck S
July 27th, 2009, 09:20 AM
I would suggest you renew members access yes. Your probally working with an extremely old version of vbgallery. You most likely want to upgrade.

packetattack
July 27th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I would suggest you renew members access yes. Your probally working with an extremely old version of vbgallery. You most likely want to upgrade.

Chuck, I just paid for that as well. As a measure of good faith, can you take a look at the message I sent into the "Contact Us" area. My forums went down last night due to a botched vBGallery 2.5 upgrade. If you want me to forward you Paypal receipts as proof of payment, I can.

Thanks,

Paul L.
July 27th, 2009, 09:26 AM
How do we gain access to the The Mod Corner?

Chuck S
July 27th, 2009, 02:11 PM
I will check out and see what messages there are sure

To gain access to customer only content you need to ensure you have current members access.