View Full Version : questions
July 5th, 2009, 03:15 AM
1) Is there a way to get .png file to accept watermark?
2) sometimes .jpeg will not watermark but .jpg does - is this a setting?
3) Can we enable user galleries without giving members the ability to delete photos?
July 5th, 2009, 06:38 AM
1. If your using on the fly watermarks then this alteration should work add the code in bold to watermark.php
elseif ( stristr($bigimage,".gif") )
$cttype = "Content-Type: image/gif";
elseif ( stristr($bigimage,".png") )
$cttype = "Content-Type: image/png";
2. If your using on the fly watermarks may this this addition to that same file
elseif ( stristr($bigimage,".jpeg") )
$cttype = "Content-Type: image/jpg";
3. User Galleries do you mean personal albums? Sure what your speaking of is two entirely different things. Moving/Deleting photos is an admin permission switch under admin options in admin panel. Whether or not a user can create personal albums is a usergroup permission under edit usergroups.
July 5th, 2009, 03:42 PM
#1 and #2 should already be done in your software, we should not have to edit the code.
July 5th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Well I can pass that along to the developer. I am merely answering how you may acheive that.
July 5th, 2009, 07:02 PM
well that would be a smart thing to do, good job.
July 5th, 2009, 07:25 PM
My operations manager can't see the answer to #1 and #2, he gets a box that says "Content visible to verified customers only."
On #3 our reply should be...
Yes sorry I meant "personal album".
So is there a way to allow regular members to create personal albums without them also getting the ability to delete their own photos?
Our software used to work this way, but after the last upgrade or maybe the one prior, we had to disable the ability for users to create their own albums because we found this also gave them the ability to delete their own photos.
July 5th, 2009, 08:43 PM
You would need to relay that info to him then as I beleive you as a verified customer can see the content
As far as number 3 you can restrict members from moving or deleting photos by setting that switch in admin options as I noted. However if you allow a member to create personal albums meaning they have full control over them just like you have full control over a category they can at any time delete the album and all the photos in it. They can not however view a photo and move or delete it.
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.