PDA

View Full Version : Pre-sale questions

Johnnie
June 30th, 2009, 04:27 PM
I am currently setting up a website which will have the latest version of VB. I see that PP integrates with VB. I have a few questions :
As the admin would i disable VB albums to fully use PP?
Does PP use a separate admin control panel?
Is there a method for running contests such as best photo, photo of the month, etc....?
Do comments to photos count toward VB post count?
One more question : is there an easy way to view and insert pictures when creating a VB post (such as a pop-up window, etc...)?

Thanks,
Johnnie

Chuck S
June 30th, 2009, 08:10 PM
1. thats a personal decision

2. yes photopost pro does use its own. no vbgallery uses the same as vb

3. In Photopost pro there is a contest feature that allows admin to designate a category for contests where users can vote on photos in that category

4. If you wish them to

5. Yes there are links that can be shown under a photo you can copy into a vb post

Johnnie
July 1st, 2009, 09:12 AM
Thanks,
I guess my insert photo into post question is a little different. Is there a way to click on a button in the "reply" window which will bring up a window where you can select the picture and the code/link is automatically inserted into the post? I have a photo album modification on an existing VB that works this way and it is REALLY nice. However, the overall mod is very limited in its functionality.

Johnnie

Chuck S
July 1st, 2009, 10:58 PM
I beleive there is a mod posted over at vbulletin.org that allows that. I think a guy named cellarius posted it.

Johnnie
July 17th, 2009, 01:24 PM
OK, another followup question. I searched through this forum for "contest" and found a good bit of useful information. HOwever, it appears that the contest feature only allows for a single vote. I'd like to have a voting system where users select a rank for each picture in the contest and the highest ranked picture wins. Is this an option or a mod?

Thanks,
Johnnie

Chuck S
July 17th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Johnnie we do not follow the mod corner or what users post so honestly we would not know.