PDA

View Full Version : Ipb 3.0?

InterFX
June 27th, 2009, 09:56 AM
I'm about ready to swtich one of my sites to IPS 3.0, but want to makes ure my existing RP install won't stop working... DO you have the integrattion completed for IPB3.0 completed yet?

Chuck S
June 27th, 2009, 10:23 AM
No we do not yet support Invisionboard 3.x series. We are still trying to get a copy to test with.

TheSonic
June 27th, 2009, 05:15 PM
What does this mean?

Do you need some customers running IPB 3.x and ReviewPost?

Just let me know :)

Chuck S
June 27th, 2009, 06:17 PM
I actually just got a copy of Invisionboard from a customer so once I have had time to test things out I will post when etc we can support a new integration.

Chuck S
July 5th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Just an FYI this will require a complete rewrite to support invisionboard 3.x

TheSonic
July 7th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Will this happen :) ? (I think, vb4 will cause the same, so it doesn't matter which system i use in the future :) )

Chuck S
July 7th, 2009, 02:23 PM
I am looking into it but it will require as stated a complete rewrite and I do not have any idea when this will be complete. I just got around to installing it when I posted above.

goyo
July 7th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Will this happen :) ? (I think, vb4 will cause the same, so it doesn't matter which system i use in the future :) )

Actually for vB4 plug-ins you'll have to change a few lines only...no need for a full rewrite (for PhotoPost Pro...vBGallery will need more than that).

Chuck S
July 7th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Pro as long as the user authentication etc is the same will need not much of any rewrite for vb4 maybe a little work here or there on the editor etc.

As far as vbGallery yes that will need alot of changes most likely since it interacts alot with and uses alot of the vb code.

However unlike Invisionboard where I got a copy to work with on vb4 we will have to wait till we get access to it to work with it. I can not say when that will be. They expect an alpha release sometime in august which is full but I applied for the beta but with no response yet.

TheSonic
July 7th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Actually for vB4 plug-ins you'll have to change a few lines only...no need for a full rewrite (for PhotoPost Pro...vBGallery will need more than that).

Please point me to an offical announcement about that. Thanks.

Chuck S
July 7th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Yeah I would like to see that one as well ;)

Chuck S
July 8th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Well I dont know about supporting all styles in Invisionboard but at any rate the login is working on my test site

Main Index - PhotoPost Classifieds (http://www.omegatron.net/classifieds/)

Once I do some more testing I will of course announce when we add support for it.

TheSonic
July 10th, 2009, 07:46 AM
GREAT NEWS!

Is there a way i can add login-support to my reviewpost-installation by changing/adding some files?

Using Templates would be nice, but for me it's most important that users can post reviews again :)

Chuck S
July 10th, 2009, 10:09 AM
You already switched without checking to see if we supported it wow.

Well let me see what I can post up. I have not wrote reviewpost yet but should not be long

Chuck S
July 10th, 2009, 11:21 AM
InterFX

Okay I released Reviewpost and Classifieds to add support for Invisionboard 3.0 support

You may need to run a query like this on your database

UPDATE rp_settings SET setting='ib3' WHERE id=41

ZakRhino
July 11th, 2009, 01:30 PM
InterFX

Okay I released Reviewpost and Classifieds to add support for Invisionboard 3.0 support

You may need to run a query like this on your database

UPDATE rp_settings SET setting='ib3' WHERE id=41

I just like to wait and see when things are all work out and no bugs. ^_^ So I want and just say thanks for working on it.

Chuck S
July 11th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Only 15 lines of code changed in the new file its almost identical to the ib2 integration. all in all only 5 queries changed.

flat
July 19th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Hello,
Thanks for your work with IPB3.0 integration. Would it be possible to release it for PhotoPost, or just release the new ib3.php ?
Thanks

Chuck S
July 20th, 2009, 10:21 AM
I sent Michael a copy and I believe he will release it soon but I beleive he is finishing up work on the vb albums importer to also include that in there.

flat
August 18th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Thanks Chuck, I hope this can be released soon as I'm getting lots of errors :/