View Full Version : Do any of the gallery products have tags?
May 21st, 2009, 10:58 AM
I want my site to be more like flickr, where people can search by tags - is this possible?
If not is there any other way people can search for photos depending on what equip was used? Eg camera + lens ?
May 21st, 2009, 11:10 AM
Our search is used with keywords not tags so if any words match title description keywords extra field etc they are returned.
May 21st, 2009, 11:25 AM
So we could create a custom field and name it 'equipment used' and people could enter the equipment in there?
How about the camera make from the exif data - does that automatically get included in the search? (If not is this on the 'to do' list?).
A few more questions while I have you...
- How easy is it to customise Photopost Pro (I assume that's the best one?).
- How scalable and efficient is it for a very busy site?
- Can we import vB album pics into it? (And if we didn't get on with it can we put them back if we decided to uninstall?)
May 21st, 2009, 12:23 PM
1. yes you could.
2. exif is stored as an array in an another table and is not searched
3. It is medium difficulty to modify pro. You do need to have some minor php and html knowledge to play with things.
4. We give alot of examples on our main page. Our application works in all kinds of environments and one of our site clearly has lots of categories and almost one million photos. Loads very quick and nice for me
Main Index - Trackpads Gallery (http://www.trackpads.com/gallery/)
5. Currently in Pro no. In vbgallery yes you can import and pro should import vb albums available soon. There is no reverse import but then we dont delete anything under the vb albums so there is no need to import back to vb.
May 22nd, 2009, 07:41 PM
Thanks again for the info.
Re 3, styling/customising - for just layout changes would you still need to know PHP? Or could I create my own static html template and just slot your code into it (like you can with vB).
Also, on the gallery category listing page like this on (http://www.photopost.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=510&thumbcheck=9) is there anyway to add some sort of system to indicate when a 'new' comment has been posted since you last viewed that image, and, whether or not you have posted/commented on that pic. So pretty much like a vB forum works with the thread icons. (Maybe via a sort by latest comment option?)
May 22nd, 2009, 08:22 PM
1. we have our own template system like in vb under our admin under edit templates you can select a template to edit its contents
2. Main Index - PhotoPost Photo Gallery (http://www.photopost.com/photopost/)
The post arrow icons show the new photos or new comments they change to a new post icon when there is a new post much like vb
May 22nd, 2009, 09:16 PM
1) That sounds good.
2) How about per 'thread' (or in your case image) tho? One thing I find annoys users in the albums is when they leave a comment on someone's pic, the other person replies and they have no idea there was a response to them unless they revisit that page. Any plans to address that in your product?
May 22nd, 2009, 09:23 PM
2. Users can elect to be notified of replies to there image just like vbulletin. when viewing there image they can hit under product options the recieve email replies or when they upload they can check yes to notification.
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.