PDA

View Full Version : High load caused by Gallery

Niyuka
April 1st, 2009, 10:39 AM
Hi photopost,

I just recently bough another quad core server 3.0 GHz and i formed a cluster server, but today i experienced a high load when i was approving image in the gallery i get an extremely high load to 15+ then it drops down to 2 again.

What sort of bug is this? I always know the gallery causes high load but i wasn't sure till i bough this new server and still experience this extremely high load with the gallery.

also statistics in the gallery admin cp, doesn't load fast at all, it takes around 7-10 min till it loads. It is not one click and load.

Why is all that??'

What sort of server configuration that photopost needs, may be that is the issue? but we always upgrade to the latest php etc..

Chuck S
April 1st, 2009, 11:10 AM
I dont know why approval process would make things spike unless your trying to display a high number of photos per page

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-product-faqs/116430-photopost-performance-faq.html

That thread should explain performance.

As far as admin stats loading slow thats easy to understand. Its taking a long time to stat your data directory you can try commenting this line out with //

$datadirlen = dirsize($Globals['datafull']);

Niyuka
April 1st, 2009, 11:13 AM
As far as admin stats loading slow thats easy to understand. Its taking a long time to stat your data directory you can try commenting this line out with //

$datadirlen = dirsize($Globals['datafull']);

Hi Chuck,

What do you mean by commenting this line out with // (i assume u want me to add // by the beginning of this line)

where is this line found ? which php file?

Chuck S
April 1st, 2009, 11:28 AM
That line is in adm-misc.php and yes comment it out with // in front of it

Niyuka
April 1st, 2009, 11:29 AM
Hi Chuck, by the way i have all these settings that shows in this FAQ thread u posted.
Is there any other way to reduce the load other than what is posted in this FAQ thread?

Chuck S
April 1st, 2009, 11:30 AM
Not that I am aware thats something Michael typed up. You would have to investigate and deal with each issue as you find it.

Niyuka
April 1st, 2009, 11:36 AM
Well I hope photopost improve and optimize the load of this software in the future because this is a serious issue.

Thanks for the help btw~

Chuck S
April 1st, 2009, 11:39 AM
well the stats in admin I can definately see taking awhile if you have tons of photos nothing we can really do there but maybe add an option to enable or disable to display of the true data directory size in admin.

if you make that change I am sure you see admin loads ultra fast.

Niyuka
April 1st, 2009, 11:43 AM
Hi Chuck,

Thanks, i have another question, how can i prevent someone from hot linking images from the gallery?

Chuck S
April 1st, 2009, 12:10 PM
PhotoPost PHP Photo Gallery Features (http://www.photopost.com/tipsphp.html)

Maybe number 2 here