PDA

View Full Version : Before I buy PhotoPost, can I import Coppermine and change to vBulletin?

beansbaxter
March 15th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Here is what I have going on and will PhotoPost allow me to do this?

I am taking a forum that is running Simple Machines with the attachments being handled by Coppermine Photo Gallery and I am migrating it to vBulletin and I would like PhotoPost to handle the attachments.

On the vBulletin side of things, I was able to sucessfully import everything from SimpleMachines with the exception of the attachments. The attachments are being stored in a Coppermine Photo Gallery.

I have read that you can convert the Coppermine to PhotoPost, but my question is how can I import over the attachments within the forum and have them look at the new PhotoPost gallery instead of the Coppermine one?

I'm changing to new forum software and new photo gallery software and I'm trying to understand how to do get the PhotoPost to take in the new attachments and have them work where they should in the new vBulletin forum.

Thanks in advance.

Chuck S
March 15th, 2009, 11:12 AM
You can import content from coppermine to photopost thats not a problem

Now only problem I see is what you mean by attachments in the forum.

If people are linking photos from there coppermine albums directly into forum posts on the forum then my suggestion to not lose content there is to not delete the coppermine files directory. Because your serving files from that location.

beansbaxter
March 15th, 2009, 11:18 AM
The attachments are stored within the posts as attachments, not links to their spot on the Coppermine directory. When I ran Impex, which is vBulletin's import script, it trys to import the attachments but they all fail because vBulletin cant see them in Coppermine.

Is there a script to bring them from Coppermine to PhotoPost and then associate the attachments in PhotoPost with the corresponding post and user in vBulletin?

I have no problem keeping a second database up and going if they are being hotlinked from, but I dont think this is the case since vBulletin's Impex could read the attachments in the database but couldnt import them over.

I just purchased PhotoPost, I really really hope this all works hmmm

Chuck S
March 15th, 2009, 01:32 PM
well vbulletin stores attachments in vbulletin not coppermine not photopost. Therefore this has nothing to do with either gallery I would assume here.

For a photo to show in Photopost you actually have to upload a photo to the gallery the same as coppermine using the upload script

Like I said any coppermine categories photos etc can be imported into photopost.